Is the United States war on terrorism working? - Page 3

View Poll Results :Is the United States war on terrorism working?
No, the war on terror is just a media tool in order to make Americans feel comfortable. 5 16.67%
Yes, though I feel the U.S. government could do more. 15 50.00%
No, we are fighting a losing battle. 8 26.67%
Yes, definetly. There is nothing more the U.S. Government can do to thwart terror. 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

--

November 29th, 2004  
egoz

we are not fighting a losing battle. the battle might seem hopeless at times, but we risk more by not fighting at all. we've made so many strides in security since 9/11, next we need to make more effort to fix the political damage we have caused. it's one of those things that is easy to critisize since the progress made is usually covert and the public only notices when there is a screw up.
November 30th, 2004  
Lupos

I feel like I am the only one who believes that the goverment is doing all it could. It may seem like a losing battle, but remember, journalists do not report good news. It just does not sell the way bad news does. Anti American propaganda will make any conflict we get into more difficult, and we just cannot fight that. If we try to, more conflict will arise about us trying to control the world media. We are not the kind of people who use propaganda to further ourselves, however, we are not afraid to use it against ourselves. Strange???
November 30th, 2004  
03USMC

No your not the only one. I think it is going well for a war of this type. And I agree with you. The Media has done alot to give it a negitive spin.
--
November 30th, 2004  
Lupos

Thanks USMC, I do not feel so alone now.
November 30th, 2004  
Dele

Im not against the war on terrorism but i am kinda against the decisions Bush makes thats all because he kinda made the economy and our nations global status go down.

I think the United States is one of the greatest nations and is the best place to live in in my opinion too so don't get the wrong idea im anti-american lol
November 30th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

You know.. I think we're doing a good job, but the borders! Come on!
November 30th, 2004  
Young Winston

A long way to go but things have got to be better than say 4 years ago.
November 30th, 2004  
egoz

i believe the government is doing it's best to prevent another attack. but without someone pushing them to do more they'll only get complacent. at least that's the way i see it. sure the media only reports the bad news, they get better ratings that way.

seriously, the borders will always be a problem as long as we are a free democratic nation. they will never be completely protected because we don't want to force people through security and violate their privacy. let's not forget that the terrorist are using our own laws against us to hide from us and make our searches and investigations illegal.
November 30th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoz
i believe the government is doing it's best to prevent another attack. but without someone pushing them to do more they'll only get complacent. at least that's the way i see it. sure the media only reports the bad news, they get better ratings that way.

seriously, the borders will always be a problem as long as we are a free democratic nation. they will never be completely protected because we don't want to force people through security and violate their privacy. let's not forget that the terrorist are using our own laws against us to hide from us and make our searches and investigations illegal.
Hey, ya know, I just mean with WMD coming through the border, you aren't gonna stop some jihad chump with coming through, but they can stop a truck.
November 30th, 2004  
egoz

i know where you're coming from, but even stopping a truck isn't that easy. the last numbers i heard was that 7% of all trucks coming across the border are now getting inspection. that leaves a lot of other possibilities. besides, who said it has to be a truck? immigrants sneak across the border using tunnels, who says they can't sneak material across the border the same way? the possibilities seem endless. but like the security guys said, that's 7% more than we were doing before. which is an improvement.