United States Special Forces Mottos?

Besides De Opresso Liber(To Free the Oppressed)? Redleg is the "Ballad of the Green Beret" on the site? I'm too lazy to read the entire site if not it goes:

Fighting soldiers from the sky, Fearless men who jump and die, Men who mean just what they say, The brave men of the Green Beret.
Silver wings upon their chest, These are men, America's best. One hundred men we'll test today. But only three will win the Green Beret.
Trained to live off nature's land, Trained in combat, hand to hand, Men who fight by night and day, Courage taken from the Green Beret.
Silver wings upon their chest, These are men, America's best. One hundred men we'll test today. But only three will win the Green Beret.
Back at home a young wife waits, Her Green Beret has met his fate, He has died for those oppressed, Leaving her this last request:
Put silver wings on my son's chest, Make him one of America's best, He'll be a man they'll test one day, Have him win the Green Beret.
~Staff Seargent Barry Sadler

I know this seems off topic but I'm just looking through my special forces book to find quotes. I guess those are all the special forces related quotes in the book.

United States Special Forces Motto

According to the US Army Institute of Heraldry, the official USSF motto is indeed DE OPPRESSO LIBER (Liberate From Oppression).

Unofficial mottos have ranged from "Mess with the best and die like the rest" to “Quiet Professionals” (10th SFG) etc. Hope that helps.

Well, first you have to make the clarification between Special Forces and Special Operations.

There is only one Special Forces: the US Army Special Forces, 'Green Berets.' Their motto would be 'De Oppresso Liber,' meaning 'To free the oppressed.'

As for special operations, that's the blanket term for all such units, like the SAS, Delta Force, SEALs, Nighstalkers, etc. Of those there's all sorts of mottos depending on the unit.

Just wanna clarify a few things.

Hey thanks a lot i needed the info for a project for school. Yes im still in high school i just took the split op option from the army

Hey koesters, what is your ship date to Basic and what is your prospective MOS? Just asking, you can "none of your business" or not respond as that is your right.

Care for some free advice on surviving Basic Training? They worked for me and even though I went through Basic Training some time ago, I believe the rules are the same.

Back