United States military

Yes they do with qualifications. I suggest you visit a recruiting website of the service of your choice to get more information.

Check out the official site of any of the brances. They all have chat rooms where you could talk to real live recruiters. They are most helpful.

I don't know about that but I was going to suggest that you take pictures and post them here. I think it would be pretty funny to see you going through boot camp or basic training :camo:

heh, pictures of what do you mean? :p

And thats what I wanted to know basically, if the US Army needs or is looking for any willing translators (for Iraq most likely). I hear the pay is good? But who knows

:)

I mean that if you join, you go through training, some of which can be rather rigorous and I would like to see pics of you going through it. That's all. It would be the experience of a lifetime for you. What do you think?

Oh heh, yea of course that would be some experience. And yeah I will try taking photos, but I wonder who will take them :rolleyes:

But arent we jumping far a bit? I mean I dont know nothing yet heh

What branch of the military allows ANYONE in basic training to bring in a digital camera? None that I know of. While having the pics would be great. It might help others considering the service, but I just don't see it happening from anything other than a military sponsored source.

Military service, Mighty, is incredibly serious. It is something that we can sit here and tell you all about (those that have gone through it), but until you're there, you will NOT be able to prepare yourself. The entire point of basic training is to break you. Any drill sergeant worth their stripes will bust your ass until you break down in tears, until you puke from running...until you just can't, and then build you back up into what THEY want. You will have no free will. You will be a part of the collective muscle of the United States government.

Just because you wish to go in for being a translator does not mean you'll get that job, nor does it guarantee any kind of assignment. The guys in charge will put you where they need you, not where you ask to go.

nor does it guarantee any kind of assignment.

Get every promise/deal you get from the recruiters in WRITING. That doesn't mean a little scribble on a napkin, I mean DA and DD forms, signed and dated.

What branch of the military allows ANYONE in basic training to bring in a digital camera? None that I know of. While having the pics would be great. It might help others considering the service, but I just don't see it happening from anything other than a military sponsored source.

Military service, Mighty, is incredibly serious. It is something that we can sit here and tell you all about (those that have gone through it), but until you're there, you will NOT be able to prepare yourself. The entire point of basic training is to break you. Any drill sergeant worth their stripes will bust your ass until you break down in tears, until you puke from running...until you just can't, and then build you back up into what THEY want. You will have no free will. You will be a part of the collective muscle of the United States government.

Just because you wish to go in for being a translator does not mean you'll get that job, nor does it guarantee any kind of assignment. The guys in charge will put you where they need you, not where you ask to go.
playstation, I've got pics of me while in basic and I never broke down in tears and never puked from running, ever. While they're not pics of training, I can look back and see how I looked with my haircut and all my friends as we all looked then. You can take whatever pics you want to on your time off (which admittedly is not a lot of time). Oh BTW, my branch is Army.
In any event, my comment was offered mostly in jest :sarc:

Last edited:
I was in good shape when I enlisted and it was a darn good thing. There were the formations outside where you would hear the sound of an M1 hitting the ground and a second later, a thud of someone in full gear. No one dared break formation to help, that was for the Medics. On marches to the rifle or grenade range, heat would always take a few out. Into the shade they went with a canteen cup full of warm water with salt tablets dissolved in it. I'll post a few pictures of my Company if I can find them.

Pretty interesting reading :rolleyes:

Is there a difference for a volunteer though?
And what are your thoughts, is it a good thing or a bad thing? Do you incourage me to try it or what exactly?

Our military is entirely volunteer. I never regretted joining the military. I think the decision to go into the military should be a personal one. You should determine what you want out of a career and see if you think you can get that from the military. One thing I can offer is that if you don't mind working hard and constantly trying to get better at what you do, then the military will certainly provide you with the opportunity to do so. You'll have a fairly clear cut path to promotion. That is, you'll know exactly what you have to do to be eligible for promotion and you can work toward being qualified for your next pay grade.

Back