United States military

I can say from working on a military mobilization center that I've seen quite a few Middle-eastern decent translaters in the military. You would be of great use to a line unit working with the locals. And just remember you wouldnt need the exact "translater" MOS to do that. Any higher up with a brain would put you to work translating once boots hit the ground. The one guy that I actually talked to happened to be an Infantryman, I believe he was from Iran.

Last edited:
Pretty interesting reading all this.

Please if you have anything to add, add it :)

Also I have a question, is there any difference in trying to become a translator after graduating from university?

It all depends on what you want to do. More education gives you more options (assuming you were awake in school, learned well and score better on the ASVAB) and possibly qualifies you for a commission or warrant. However, you have to be a US Citizen for those positions and qualify for a security clearance, which you kind of need to be a Linguist in the US Army anyway (MOS 09L see http://www.goarmy.com/JobDetail.do?id=342).

Hope that helps.

:pirate:

oh yes that helps thanks :)

Ok, say I dont have a US citizenship, but I graduated from university, what might my rank be?

Also, say for example I have the will to join and begin training, who should I contact?

Back