United States military administration unique in the world

calling it unique is a bit arrogant

any decent military does its job regardless of who the head of state is. thier job is to do as he orders, not to like or dislike him. and even if they do, as long as the top ranks still have control, i dont think he will care that much, people always grumble

Locke said:
any decent military does its job regardless of who the head of state is. thier job is to do as he orders, not to like or dislike him. and even if they do, as long as the top ranks still have control, i dont think he will care that much, people always grumble

I agree up to a point. Any military force is bound to obey the LAWFUL orders of their government (obeying illegal or immoral ones is dumb as can be - the point is to protect your citizens, not serve as instrument of oppression).

Also, governments have to be careful to honor their promises and commitments to their military forces. Breaking faith with them or abandoning them can really mess things up.

Gunner13 said:
Locke said:

I agree up to a point. Any military force is bound to obey the LAWFUL orders of their government (obeying illegal or immoral ones is dumb as can be - the point is to protect your citizens, not serve as instrument of oppression).

Also, governments have to be careful to honor their promises and commitments to their military forces. Breaking faith with them or abandoning them can really mess things up.
sorry, yes i should have specified that but since we are all lawfull people here i thought it was a given

Gunner13 said:
Locke said:

Yeah that's true. And if the President decided to go against constitutional rights, the militarywould be idiotic to obey him.

Back