United States Marine Corp. weight requirements

Adding the body fat percentages might be a help. The reason the body fat percantage is used because muscle weighs more then fat. You would have Marines placed on a remedial PT program (to lose the excess weight) who really didn't need to lose the fat, because all the "excess" weight was muscle.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/l/blweightmale.htm

"Only if the Marine exceeds the allowable weight on the chart, they are measured for body-fat. If they exceed the body-fat allowance, then the Marine is enrolled in the Body Composition Program - formerlly known as the "Weight Control Program." If the Marine is over the weight on the chart, but meets the body-fat standard, they are considered to be within the required standards, and no further action is taken.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Body Fat Standards for Marines are:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Male - Not to exceed 18 percent.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Females - Not to exceed 26 percent.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Note: If the Marine Scores a First Class on the Fitness Test, the body fat standards are:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Male - Not to exceed 22 percent[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Females - Not to exceed 30 percent[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If the Marine fails to lose the required weight/body fat while enrolled in the Body Composition Program, they can ultimately be discharged from the United States Marine Corps."[/FONT]

new rule as well, Marines who are serving right now in theater can be exempt of the PCP if the unit wants.

i noticed that there were minimum weight requirements for the marines, but when i looked on the army height and weight chart there werent. i am a male, and 5'11", and weigh about 148 lbs. might this be a problem?

therise21 said:
i noticed that there were minimum weight requirements for the marines, but when i looked on the army height and weight chart there werent. i am a male, and 5'11", and weigh about 148 lbs. might this be a problem?

It took some hunting, but I finally found one with the min. requirements on it for ya:

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/armyjoin/l/blintweightmale.htm

At 71", 127lbs is your minimum. You're a skinny guy, but not too skinny for the green machine. ;-)

Back