Is the United States going into a state of Martial Law?

greenarmy1980

With the occurrence of September 11th 2001. The Patriot Act was created and signed. How has this affected us in our day-to-day? How about your views and testimonials.

All I know is that I have been personally affected when my car was pulled over outside an Airport. They proceeded to thoroughly search my car and determined that kids ride in my car and that I have a gun. The weapon is authorized in the state of Michigan with the Concealed weapons permit that was issued to me shortly after my return back home. They took my weapon and since February they still have it. I have been trying to get it back and now it seem my efforts are futile since they seem to have no recollection of ever confiscating a weapon from an individual outside of Detroit. The most ironic part of this is that the guy who took my weapon has been the guy who I have been cooresponding with at the Department of Homeland Security.

Well, the stupid anti-gun laws in America are clearly against the constitution as far as I'm concerned. So you've got my sympathy with that A-hole who took your weapon.

As far as "martial law" is concerned, no not at all. If America takes even one more step towards gov't controll over our individual lives, Americans are going to be screaming about it. Americans generally DO NOT like the patriot acts but we're shutting up about them for the time being because they haven't been abused... YET. There are enough people watching the federal gov't that if they try anything else more severe than what they've already done, the American people won't stand for it.

It does indeed seem that the American people have taken a new interest in whisltle blowing for against the government. I think that the only abuses to the Patriot act is from minor sources, until they pull over a celebrity that has a right to cary permit and/or an emmissary the transgression which occurred to me could repeat itself again.

Check your Statutes for Concealed Weapons Carry in your state. Most States preclude the carry of Firearms in and around Airports unless you are a Certified LEO . Even if they don't their statutes can be superceded by United States Codes governing weapons possession in certain areas within the state controlled by agencies like the FAA, DOD, Fish and Game, Dept. of the Interior,DHS, FPS, etc.

That is sort of an idea, but since most game reserves border our airport with only one entry way, it seems that it would be futile for the state to set up a sting on the particular road at which I was travelling. This could have happened to anyone, and it just so happened to me. I was about one block away from a Authorized gun retailer. So, I do not think that statute applies in this instance.

I dont think the US is anywhere near a state of martial law, as someone that flies in, out and around the country frequently as well as staying for long periods of time (up to 3 months at a stay) I have found US security to be very well organised and generally inconspicuous and unobtrusive.

To me anyway it seem the administration has found a pretty reasonable balance to its security needs and looking back on it I would have far more confidence in them today than I did in Oct 2001 (my first flight in after Sept 11).

True, I remember going to Germany in December of 2001 and it was utter chaos. I was red flagged because it was a last minute deal for me to go on that mission and then when I came back it was sort of the same.

Having since flown they have the system pretty well down now. All though I do find it annoying to open up my checked bag and to find a tag in there. Oh well, all is safe in security I suppose.

greenarmy1980 said:
True, I remember going to Germany in December of 2001 and it was utter chaos. I was red flagged because it was a last minute deal for me to go on that mission and then when I came back it was sort of the same.

Having since flown they have the system pretty well down now. All though I do find it annoying to open up my checked bag and to find a tag in there. Oh well, all is safe in security I suppose.

Oddly enough I have only had my checked luggage opened once (I had an electric tooth brush recharger in that compartment) since then I discovered the easiest option was to carry anything that might look dodgy in my personal luggage and they can look at it right away.

In the last 4 years I have only found one really big hole in security which I found kind of embarassing to have to go back and sort out however I assume that one has been sealed now.

One thing that still gets me is the tweezer and nail clipper thing, I have lost like six of them from my carry on luggage.

They are really thorough with the Army guys because most of our tickets are six star risk because they are the last minute, changed at the last minute, scheduled at the last minute, and we show up at the last minute. So, I guess it is sort of like the military curse in a way.

No the US is not going into a state of martial law IMO.
As far as security at airports and around the country I've found it very good although of course if someone wanted to blow himself up and kill people would be able to do so even in very famous and crowded places.

greenarmy1980 said:
One thing that still gets me is the tweezer and nail clipper thing, I have lost like six of them from my carry on luggage.

They are really thorough with the Army guys because most of our tickets are six star risk because they are the last minute, changed at the last minute, scheduled at the last minute, and we show up at the last minute. So, I guess it is sort of like the military curse in a way.

Hehe put them in your check in luggage and no one will ever bother you about it, I really cant imagine a use for them in your carry on bags unless you have amazingly quick growing nails.

:)

greenarmy1980 said:

Mmmh I don't know, I lost more than a couple of them myself... :?

What about the apparent constuction of Internment Camps in the United States, does FEMA actually need six camps in Michigan alone to harbor refugees from a natural disaster?

Pardon? Come again? You are such a tease... wtf is this about internment camps? I am starting to think you are doing this to get a rise. Let me guess you hunt with decoys don't you. :lol:

greenarmy1980 said:
What about the apparent constuction of Internment Camps in the United States, does FEMA actually need six camps in Michigan alone to harbor refugees from a natural disaster?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Okay.

Back