Is the United States going into a state of Martial Law?

greenarmy1980 said:
What about the apparent constuction of Internment Camps in the United States, does FEMA actually need six camps in Michigan alone to harbor refugees from a natural disaster?

I would highly advise you to post your source for the information given in the post above. I find your story very hard to believe. Plus, the forum rules require you to post your source when it comes to controversial subjects

today's security is more of an annoyance than something that infringes on my liberty. Upon returning from Iraq, my army duffle bag was searched by air port security. So no one is ever exempt from the elevated security. However, the gurad never found my 30 round mags or my spent detonator from the time I blew some c4 in Iraq
8)

greenarmy1980 said:
I only mention the FEMA internment camps because I have seen them. Quite surprisingly, sort of stumbled into my first one near Selfridge ANG base. Then the second one in Fort Custer, from there I just started scouring the net and found a total of six possible FEMA camps.

http://www.freedomfiles.org/war/fema.htm

I did state my source. I know, my bag was searched seven times from Balad thru Fort Bragg to Lansing, MI and they did not take away my piece of shrapnel or a round that I pulled out of my IBA.

That provision, by far the most controversial in the Patriot Act, permits secret warrants for "books, records, papers, documents and other items" from businesses, hospitals and other organizations.

While it does not specifically mention bookstores or libraries, critics say the government could use it to subpoena library and bookstore records and snoop into the reading habits of innocent Americans.

The House voted 238-187 last month to restrict investigators from using that part of the anti-terrorism law. The Senate has yet to take up that provision, which is contained in a $57.5 billion bill covering the departments of Commerce, Justice and State.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/07/12/patriot.act.ap/index.html

Back