The United States of Europe

beardo said:
those pussies

This statement actually has more weight than you may think. I just can't see Britain getting along with the continental pussies. There are hard bastards here and there but overall it's pussy rule. Very unfortunate. Why couldn't they be more like the violence loving Finns? :lol:

staurofilakes said:
Kenty said:
staurofilakes said:
godofthunder9010 said:
One popular myth is that the EU will be just as stable and united as the USA is. This is a severe misjudgement for the immediate future. Give it time though and we'll see.

The problem in Europe is that we are trying to unite countries that have been enemies for centuries, that have had many wars betewen them...and this is a dificult thing..

It's not just the past wars that are the problem. Britain, Spain, France, Germany, etc are all different culturally.

Austria and Germany share the same culture, but that's as far as it goes. We'll never become the "USE" because we disagree with each other too much.

Well, I do not think that we are that much different in the cultural fact. We all have the same roots (Celtic and visigotic origin), we all were dominated by the roman empire,most of us speak languages originated in the latin, we all are Cristians, we all have democracy....and so on.

The biggest problems I think are: loose of soberanity and NACIONALISM.

I agree. Most European nations are basically very similar in culture and standards. Loss of national identity is the biggest barrier to most Europeans for further integration.

Doppleganger said:
Most European nations are basically very similar in culture and standards

:shock: EH?!

The English are sipping on tea whilst the Germans are guzzling beer...

Kenty said:
Doppleganger said:

Dude. We guzzle almost as much beer as the Germans do. We drink almost as much wine as the French. We eat almost as much pasta and pizza as the Italians. We all love football and watching game shows on TV. Sounds basically similar to me.

There is as much difference in culture between a fisherman in the Shetlands and a City stockbrocker as there is between those same 2 people and someone living in Germany.

the_13th_redneck said:
beardo said:
those pussies

This statement actually has more weight than you may think. I just can't see Britain getting along with the continental pussies. There are hard bastards here and there but overall it's kitty rule. Very unfortunate. Why couldn't they be more like the violence loving Finns? :lol:

I like the way you think

oh, and dont forget the swedish, they love a good scrap too

Doppleganger said:
Kenty said:
Doppleganger said:

Dude. We guzzle almost as much beer as the Germans do. We drink almost as much wine as the French. We eat almost as much pasta and pizza as the Italians. We all love football and watching game shows on TV. Sounds basically similar to me.

There is as much difference in culture between a fisherman in the Shetlands and a City stockbrocker as there is between those same 2 people and someone living in Germany.

That's not our culture- that is SOCIETY.

People know the English for being "posh" and drinking tea. People know the Scots for being brawlers and rowdy. People know the French for being very stuck up. People know the Italians for being very stylish.

We all have different trates.

The USA works because Americans all live in the same sort of way- sure there is the "North South divide" but we have that in England.

The UK is TOTALLY different from the rest of Europe. Our backgrounds are different and we never agree [remember that war in Iraq???]

We may have the same sort of lifestyles today, but creating the USE will not work economically or politically.

Kenty said:
Doppleganger said:
Kenty said:
Doppleganger said:

People know the English for being "posh" and drinking tea. People know the Scots for being brawlers and rowdy. People know the French for being very stuck up. People know the Italians for being very stylish.

The USA works because Americans all live in the same sort of way- sure there is the "North South divide" but we have that in England.

The UK is TOTALLY different from the rest of Europe. Our backgrounds are different and we never agree [remember that war in Iraq???]

We may have the same sort of lifestyles today, but creating the USE will not work economically or politically.

Well what do you think society is if not culture?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture

What you are describing is 'stereotypes' not culture. It is a 'stereotype' that all English are posh and drink tea and all Scots are rowdy brawlers. It is a stereotype that all French are 'stuck-up' and all Italians 'stylish'. How many Europeans have you actually met?

So by your defination of 'culture' all African Americans eat fried chicken and like to sing and all Indians eat curry? Because that's what you're saying when you say that all English are posh and drink tea.

Kenty said:
Doppleganger said:
Kenty said:
Doppleganger said:

I recomend you to travel a little bit, and if you do travel pay attention to what you see. The only way to sanate nacionalism is traveling.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND IN UK USES THE WORD "dUDE"

Yeah, i know people who say dude, bit sad. USE wouldnt work, theres too much nationalism, what would the overall language be? english? french? countries would miss out! will there be one central bank? will the seperate business be able to deal with increased competition?

Back