April 7th, 2005  
Corocotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenty
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC72
NO! NO! NO!
I second that!

I will shoot myself in the head before it happens. Britain will not be dragged into this "United States of Europe."

Britain is completely different to the rest of Europe. We once ruled the world, and now everyone is trying to rule us- it ain't gonna happen while I'm still breathing
Italy once rolled the world as well(see Roman Empire), Spain also did...
Do not be so chouvinist.
But any way, we do not need you.
April 7th, 2005  
beardo

I think i would have to go on a rampage in belgium if that happened

why the **** would we want to change? 4th biggest economy in the world, pound as strong as its ever been, and getting stronger. Plus, if we join those pussies we'd never get to go to war again
April 7th, 2005  
Kenty

Quote:
Originally Posted by staurofilakes

True... but they didn't own 33% of the entire planet and all existance of the Roman and Spanish empires are gone. The Commonwealth still exists
--
Boots
April 7th, 2005  
Corocotta

Quote:
Quote:

True... but they didn't own 33% of the entire planet and all existance of the Roman and Spanish empires are gone. The Commonwealth still exists
Not all existence of Spanish empire is gone, just one example, over 300 million people just in southamerica speaks spanish. If you think all existence of Roman Empire is gone....well...just read & travel a litle bit.

By the way, you can stay in your island, who cares....
April 7th, 2005  
Kenty

Quote:

Good- just remember that the next time your country or any other Euro country starts making demands to ours.
April 7th, 2005  
Corocotta

Quote:
Quote:

Good- just remember that the next time your country or any other Euro country starts making demands to ours.
I just say this: if your goverments wants to follow the rules like everybody else in EU great, if they donīt, stop playing double games and leave.
April 7th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

One popular myth is that the EU will be just as stable and united as the USA is. This is a severe misjudgement for the immediate future. Give it time though and we'll see.
April 8th, 2005  
Corocotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
One popular myth is that the EU will be just as stable and united as the USA is. This is a severe misjudgement for the immediate future. Give it time though and we'll see.
The problem in Europe is that we are trying to unite countries that have been enemies for centuries, that have had many wars betewen them...and this is a dificult thing..
April 8th, 2005  
Kenty

Quote:
Quote:
The problem in Europe is that we are trying to unite countries that have been enemies for centuries, that have had many wars betewen them...and this is a dificult thing..
It's not just the past wars that are the problem. Britain, Spain, France, Germany, etc are all different culturally.

Austria and Germany share the same culture, but that's as far as it goes. We'll never become the "USE" because we disagree with each other too much.
April 8th, 2005  
Corocotta

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's not just the past wars that are the problem. Britain, Spain, France, Germany, etc are all different culturally.

Austria and Germany share the same culture, but that's as far as it goes. We'll never become the "USE" because we disagree with each other too much.

Well, I do not think that we are that much different in the cultural fact. We all have the same roots (Celtic and visigotic origin), we all were dominated by the roman empire,most of us speak languages originated in the latin, we all are Cristians, we all have democracy....and so on.

The biggest problems I think are: loose of soberanity and NACIONALISM.