United States Army Cadet Association (USACA)

Billmacdonald

The United States Army Cadet Association is not much like the other Army Cadet programs you are familiar with.

We do not have a higher headquarters relationship with the units. There are certain objectives that each command is expected to meet and the promotion criteria for the cadets is clear. However the unit Commander can waiver some criteria in either arena, and areas that the CDR does not have waiver authority he can gather a quarum of other CDR's to propose the waiver. If the quarum agrees then it is done. This way local Commands maintain local control. Unit autonomy is highly encouraged and supported.

We have two units lined up for commissioning in September with several requests from other states.

The BoD has the control of the organization at all times. The BoD shall be made up of all unit CDR's. Each year in October elections are held for the Chairman, who takes office in January. Our first elections will be held in October 2012 for the office in 2013. Until that time I will act as temporary Chairman. The Chairman's power is limited to decissions made for the advancement of the program betterment of an individual Unit or directing support to assist struggling Units. Otherwise the Chairman does not have a vote unless to break a tie vote.

I will need a lot of peer support as we kick off. I look forward to your comments.

Find your bearing!

Bill MacDonald

unit structure

I would like to see your SOP on how to form a unit,and a basic budget to run a unit, the cost for the patches and so on
V/R LT

Back