UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - Page 6

--
Boots

March 6th, 2005  
Corocotta

People in jail loose rights everywhere,and that is normal. The only one that they always have to keep is having a worthy treatment
March 6th, 2005  
Missileer

In the US only those convicted of a felony lose their right to vote.
March 6th, 2005  
Corocotta

Do you know who Dolores Ibarruri was?
--
Boots
March 6th, 2005  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by staurofilakes
Do you know who Dolores Ibarruri was?
Do you know what your point is? If so, please share it with the rest of us.
March 7th, 2005  
Missileer

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/SPibarruri.htm

A Spanish Marxist but otherwise amazing woman. She was very intelligent and possessed a quick wit until her death. She was, and still is, a very quoted source of love of Country and Patriotism.
March 7th, 2005  
lumberjack

i am in canada, probably one the most FREE nations on earth,

yet i can do nothing when my provincial government decides to rise tax and cut social programs....the only thing i can do is to wait for 3 more years and vote off that government, than another party comes up and make some decisions i will suffer from again, and i will continue to wait..

am i free?
March 7th, 2005  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/SPibarruri.htm

A Spanish Marxist but otherwise amazing woman. She was very intelligent and possessed a quick wit until her death. She was, and still is, a very quoted source of love of Country and Patriotism.
Thanks Missileer, I was just curious why he posted that here, seems a tad random.
March 7th, 2005  
Corocotta

yes, many people think la you. but there is many people that thinks that se was a murderer.
This is another of her phrases: "It is better to kill one hundred innocents than to let one guilty person go." Dolores Ibarruri ("La Pasionaria"), Spanish Communist
[Stéphane Courtois, The Black Book of Communism, Crimes, Terror, Repression, with Nicolas Werth, Jean-Jouis Panné, Andrzej Paczkowski, Karel Bartoshek, and Jean-Louis Margolin, translated by Jonathan Murphy and Mark Kramer, Harvard University Press, 1999, p. 343]
March 7th, 2005  
Redneck

Ok, stick with me here, I'll go slow:

What_______is_______your________point?

What does she have to do with this topic?
March 7th, 2005  
Corocotta

nothing really, but i was just wondering why did he used the phrase of a Marxist when almost everybody here agrees that comunism was such a horrrible politic sistem