UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

staurofilakes said:
Well, In that case, I would prefer to kill that moth****er my self, and the asume the consecuences.

And the hypocrisy award goes to...DUM DUM DUM......YOU!!! YAY!

Just kidding, watch your language.

staurofilakes said:
Thank you for the benefit of the doubt. As you said my english sucks, and is a bg effort to me to find the words that express what i mean.

-The Congres makes the some function as europen Parlaments: making laws.

It has always seemed to me like parliamentary systems have always had more power than our congress.

-An independat judicial sistem is carasteristic of a democracy. Could you give me an example of a democracy where the judges are putted by the goverment?

In America all Federal Judges are appointed by the President but must be approved by Congress, part of the Checks and Balances.

-In every democracy people loose their rights when they go to jail.

Yes, but same in N. Korea, China, and Vietnam and they are not democracy's.

-US is a member of the UN, so they MUST respect HUMAN RIGHTS, and as you can suppose Human means for the all humanity, not just americans. There is another thing called Geneva Convention, I encourage you to read it:

http://www.unhchr.ch/html/menu3/b/91.htm

You will find many interesting things!!! ;)

I don't want to sound too arrogant, but whose going to make us? Right now nobody can force the US to do anything we do not want to, not China, Russia or the UK/ The UN is powerless without the US, as the League of Nations proved. I don't think that our treatment of the detainees at Guantanamo is right, but sometimes you must choose the lesser of two evils and if keeping those men there is helping to keep America safer from attacks by terrorists then so be it. Would Spain not do the same thing if put in the same position? Or would Spain give in to the demands of the terrorists? Which one is worse? Both produce the same outcome but one allows you to keep your pride.

The USA is certainly democratic, but its just a trivial arguement debating the meaning and application of the term Democracy in context in a literal or general sense.

Those silly and trivial founding fathers.

And let us not forget that silly and trivial piece of paper we call a Constitution.

The Electoral College shows exactly how trivial it is to debate whether or not the US is a Republic or a democracy.

You can argue and attempt to justify the US as a democracy all day long but it won't change the facts, sorry lads.

"Oil is what drives the industries of the world."

I doubt it drives the industries (presuming that is factoris producing stuff) but it is a part of it. Such as plastics fuel for forklifts but you would be able to produce things without oil :)

Damian, you actually sounded really arrogant. If you are part of the UN you should respect the rules. That is part of the game. If you do not respect the rules, why North Korea should respect them?? You are the most powerfull country on earth, a democracy, and you should give example to other countries.

AlexKall, you are absolutily rigth, but I would say that oil also drives the all economy. Many people think that one of the reason of the attack to Iraq was that Saddam was going to start seling oil in euros instead of dollars. (Don´t ask me why Aznar supported the war then, I don´t know)

staurofilakes said:
Okey guys, read my post again.Italian Guy: you said people don not lose rights when they go to jail, I gived you some clear examples. I also did not say that losing thosa rights is wrong, I think it is awsome!!! One more thing, for being a member of UN you have to ratified GC!! :lol:

Those countries that you wrote are not democracies, US is a democracy!

13th red neck: I was just saying wich are the rights that a person in jail loses. The Italian guy said that one you go to prison you lose no rights, that is way I made that list. I tought that my post was very clear.

About the dead penalty: the example you gived me is not very serious, you will probable have better argument, at I hope so!!

Since I have a bit of expierance in this. The Criminals incarcerated in the US have more rights inside the system than I do outside. Everything is protected. They have the ability and right to sue over such things as having hot dogs for lunch twice a week, the thickness of blankets, the lenghth of phone calls etc. and sometimes they win.

They must be provided with materials for these legal actions by the defendent and assisted by the defendent. As far as loseing rights sorry nope. They just don't get freedom of movement etc. They have plenty of rights.

People in jail loose rights everywhere,and that is normal. The only one that they always have to keep is having a worthy treatment

i am in canada, probably one the most FREE nations on earth,

yet i can do nothing when my provincial government decides to rise tax and cut social programs....the only thing i can do is to wait for 3 more years and vote off that government, than another party comes up and make some decisions i will suffer from again, and i will continue to wait..

am i free?

Missileer said:
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/SPibarruri.htm

A Spanish Marxist but otherwise amazing woman. She was very intelligent and possessed a quick wit until her death. She was, and still is, a very quoted source of love of Country and Patriotism.

Thanks Missileer, I was just curious why he posted that here, seems a tad random. :lol:

yes, many people think la you. but there is many people that thinks that se was a murderer.
This is another of her phrases: "It is better to kill one hundred innocents than to let one guilty person go." Dolores Ibarruri ("La Pasionaria"), Spanish Communist
[Stéphane Courtois, The Black Book of Communism, Crimes, Terror, Repression, with Nicolas Werth, Jean-Jouis Panné, Andrzej Paczkowski, Karel Bartoshek, and Jean-Louis Margolin, translated by Jonathan Murphy and Mark Kramer, Harvard University Press, 1999, p. 343]

Ok, stick with me here, I'll go slow:

What_______is_______your________point?

What does she have to do with this topic?

nothing really, but i was just wondering why did he used the phrase of a Marxist when almost everybody here agrees that comunism was such a horrrible politic sistem

Back