United Press International: China troops go to Russia for terror drill

Regisvo

KORLA, China, July 19 (UPI) -- A group of Chinese soldiers departed the country Thursday for an anti-terrorism drill in Russia.

The Chinese soldiers are joining armed forces from the five other members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization -- Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan -- for a drill dubbed "Peace Mission 2007" in Chelyabinsk, Russia, reported Xinhua, China's official government-run news agency.

The exercise is scheduled for Aug. 9-17.

This is the first time the People's Liberation Army has sent so many soldiers and armaments to such a far away place," said Qiu Yanhan, deputy commander of the Chinese troops taking part in the drill. About 1,600 Chinese personnel are expected to take part in the exercise, Xinhua said.

Guo Boxiong, vice chairman of China's Central Military Commission, said "Peace Mission 2007" is an opportunity to deepen military relations between SCO members and enhance cooperation in fighting terrorism, separatism and extremism.

United Press International

========================================================

originally posted by cuteftpster

xinsrc_03207042408366872176918.jpg

xinsrc_04207042408361401819719.jpg

26_66_00ec9c23283168b.jpg

26_66_4b94bca14662fc1.jpg

26_66_203e3d9e0845498.jpg

26_66_0b7ebdcc841c5c3.jpg

25_66_5a72148b1692217.jpg

Look, its a bunch of communists!

Yeah, the quality of the photos are really nice. But that's about it.... I don't like the idea of Putin's New Soviet Empire and the Chi-Coms getting together and playing army.

It makes my skin crawl. Oh well..... I have plenty of ammunition to go around.

'Nuff Said....

Folks on here know my views.

Post Script - The Cross Bow and Karate Kick make great propaganda. No real military use what so ever but really great propaganda. It's not propaganda like "Oh crap here they come", it's more like "Hahahaha, here they come". All of the Chi-Com uniforms look like they were bought from Cheaper than Dirt for under $5.00(US). You know, the ones made in China.... Oppps. I made a funny.

Okay. I'll be good now.

Nice photos.... Lets me see how my enemy trains.

Last edited:
The guy with the crossbow is a scout. They still use them to take out sentries, quietly. I know one man who was just such a scout in 1979... its effective.

And Luis, you can sleep well bruv, the Russians hate the Chinese more than they do the Americans. This was more about "keeping your enemies closer" so you know their capabilities, for both the Chinese and the Russians.

The thing that makes me a bit puzzled is that either the English spin title of "Anti-Terrorism" exercise is wrong and should be titled "Anti-Insurgent" exercise or the tanks, transport planes, in other words all the heavy bulky **** is part of a plan to arrive too late to deal with the terrorist threat. Quick reaction forces, ie Delta or Ranger types or at the very least police SWAT units are called for in anti-terror operations... not armour.

Don't laugh at crossbows, it's the ultimate suppressed weapon.
RoKMC has a few of those as well. It's reasonably accurate, deadly and you just can't hear the damn thing. Obviously the guy won't be carrying just that. He'd have another primary weapon with him.
The guys look surprisingly squared away for Chinese troops. Are they improving?

hey BD.... I forgot about the crossbow being used on guards and sentries. Been awhile since I was a ground pounder. Never heard of anyone using a crossbow in the service but I do remember reading out that. 99% of the time when I see a crossbow, it means someone is a mall ninja and thinks that they're the ultimate zombie killer.

But yeah, armor is for dealing with a heavy force like an underground insurgency. Not a terrorist attack. You need high speed low drag type operators for that. Delta, Rangers, Seals, etc... That or a very well trained police unit. City SWAT or FBI HRT.

This looks more like training for dealing with Taiwan. Because I can beat your ass that there willl be folks fighting off the chi-coms if/when they invade. I know that the Chi-Coms and Soviets did some training about an amphibious operations and invasion of an unnamed island.

Uhm, in pic 11 the entire unit are wearing ski masks as per western standards.
Concealed ID,s during pictures and whathave you.
Smart.

In the 12:th pic there are two operators with clearly visable faces.

This makes me wonder if they are wearing skimasks because they saw it on TV and thought it looked cool?

Even if the skimasks are flame retardant (I see no evidence of such) and this is what they are showing in pic 11, I still wonder why they don´t use SOP and conceal the ID,s of their operators?

Anyone?

//KJ.

They haven't got the concept of PERSEC yet. The risk vs benefits of propaganda/promotional type photos and video hasn't caught on yet with the PLA. Worst kept secrets in Chinese towns are the garrisons and what units are there... alcohol, loose lips, all that.

Now the police (jing cha) do pixelize their undercover operatives faces and the voices are altered when they have their version of "Cops" on the telly. But then I have some pix off the net of their elite anti-islamic police force in Xinjiang with faces, nametags and gear all clearly visible. Even enough photos to sort out their tactics for patrol and moving to apprehend. Were I a bad man it would be enough.

SCO military forces start 2nd phase of anti-terror joint drill

26_66_0212d152c3967e2.jpg

CHELYABINSK, Russia, Aug. 11 -- About 2,000 troops from the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) members held a joint field exercise here on Saturday, starting the second phase of the "Peace Mission 2007" anti-terror drill.

Those troops, from China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, staged a parade at a military base near Russia's Ural Mountains city of Chelyabinsk.
Commanders from the six countries agreed that since the SCO was forged in June 2001, it has abided by the "Shanghai Spirit," which embodies mutual trust and benefit, equality, respect for cultural diversity and a desire for common development.
The organization has established a new model of defense and security cooperation under the principles of openness, transparency and non-targeting at the third party, they noted.

In the first phase of the drill, chiefs of staff of the six military forces held strategic negotiations and gave orders in Urumqi, capital of northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region on Thursday.

26_66_2cc794184b71ccb.jpg

Uhm, in pic 11 the entire unit are wearing ski masks as per western standards.
Concealed ID,s during pictures and whathave you.
Smart.

In the 12:th pic there are two operators with clearly visable faces.

This makes me wonder if they are wearing skimasks because they saw it on TV and thought it looked cool?

Even if the skimasks are flame retardant (I see no evidence of such) and this is what they are showing in pic 11, I still wonder why they don´t use SOP and conceal the ID,s of their operators?

Anyone?

//KJ.

I think the ski masks are simulated terrorists.

They haven't got the concept of PERSEC yet. The risk vs benefits of propaganda/promotional type photos and video hasn't caught on yet with the PLA.

No need for PERSEC in China, with 1,321,851,888 people and growing, finding a guy on the picture posted online is... Well... Be my guest... :bang:

Back