Is United Kingdom a Superpower? - Page 6

--

August 22nd, 2005  
LeEnfield

Lets put it this way Saint you would not want to go to war against it.
August 22nd, 2005  
ozmilman

I think the term we are looking for is "World Power"... Britiain isn't a superpower, but it IS a world power in that it has power on a global level, but doesn't control as much as a superpower would. I think there can only REALLY be one superpower at a time.

Rich.
March 30th, 2012  
Shock Fist

Topic: Summarizing...

I agree with UK being a world power. We've let alot of things drop since empire, HOWEVER, our Air force and i believe our Navy, are the second largest in NATO, and THE LARGEST in Europe. Our political clout is considered to be one of the hardest, simply out of respect, i don't know, but it still is.

On the subject of France having more nukes then the UK... WTH... What moron would deploy nukes at the distance between UK and France? The fall off would be swept to France, causing mass radiation poisoning for years to come. On that note, nukes aside, UK has more aircraft, a larger and soon to be better Equipped and capable Navy, and a (in most peoples opinion) a better trained Army. On the subject of SF's.... Frances best Special forces, arent even French, they just owe Allegiance to France. Third... we wouldn't fight with the French, in fact, we are actually working with them for better security of both nations.

On the subject of the US and its power projection capability. YES, it does have more power projection then china, however. US could not militarily threaten France without due reason, because whether it likes it or not, it couldn't afford a war with Europe if it did happen, which WOULD happen in the event of the US raising even one rifle in Frances direction. The US is limited by the fact that, it is powerful, and yet it needs to constantly be wary of how it uses it. The US uses the European market more then anyone else, and if that were to cut off, aswell as European exports, AND a war with Europe, which would consist of Germany aswell, the current largest Arms prducer in Europe.

Lastly, UK as a power during Empire, it had the largest empire in the world, and in known history. It's current state is a modern, manageable one, which had to come about due to freedom of nations from under Imperial rule, and Monitary concerns which grew from the resources thrown into WWI and WWII, of course, dont forget, if the US had been in the Wars from the start, and not come in 3-4 years later, then they would have lost as much as the rest of us, but they didn't, and they haven't. If the war had been on the US's doorstep, lets say a tooled up Mexico, which Germany had tried to conscript during WWI into a War with the US, which at the time only had Coast Guard / Militia forces, not even a full time army, the world would be so much different today.

Shock, 07

P.S. Sorry for the Necro....
--
March 30th, 2012  
42RM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock Fist
On the subject of SF's.... Frances best Special forces, arent even French, they just owe Allegiance to France.

You know F*** about French SF.
April 2nd, 2012  
KJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42RM

Did he just claim that the FFL are French SF??

Wow, just wow.
The ignorance is actually astounding..
April 3rd, 2012  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42RM

Bootneck 42 you are are cleared hot. I say again you are Wings level and cleared hot, I have your tally.
April 3rd, 2012  
Shock Fist

Way to pick up on ONE comment i made guys FFL, to my knowledge has been acclaimed as SF's, if they aren't then that's a mistake ive made, not exactly like im pretending to be an expert on France, just simply stating basic facts.

I had a whole other post to go over, France was the middle part, :P

Shock, 07
April 3rd, 2012  
Trooper1854

The FFL does have a large number of French nationals within its ranks.
They sign on as Belgians, or Swiss, or any other French speaking nation they can think of!
April 3rd, 2012  
42RM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Bootneck 42 you are are cleared hot. I say again you are Wings level and cleared hot, I have your tally.
Roger that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock Fist
Way to pick up on ONE comment i made guys FFL, to my knowledge has been acclaimed as SF's, if they aren't then that's a mistake ive made, not exactly like im pretending to be an expert on France, just simply stating basic facts.

I had a whole other post to go over, France was the middle part, :P

Shock, 07
For christ's sake mate!
You are on a military forum - what do you expect!
April 4th, 2012  
42RM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper1854
The FFL does have a large number of French nationals within its ranks.
They sign on as Belgians, or Swiss, or any other French speaking nation they can think of!
Not anymore. You can join as a Frenchman.