Is United Kingdom a Superpower?

I can tell u a lot better than any European army.... Russia is such a behemoth that it's military dwarfs anything Europe can bring into battle all the French and UK are good for is small battles such as Libya, I would love to see the day they dare take on a serious adversary such as Russia.... NATO is a joke without the Americans...

If the Russian can swamp the Germans in WW2 they would do the same to the UK. Russia is such a vast country there is no way you could occupy it or control it even if you won.

I can tell u a lot better than any European army.... Russia is such a behemoth that it's military dwarfs anything Europe can bring into battle all the French and UK are good for is small battles such as Libya, I would love to see the day they dare take on a serious adversary such as Russia.... NATO is a joke without the Americans...

If Russia would perform like they did in Georgia they're in for serious troubles.
BTW in Europe NATO (excluding Greece and Turkey) can field 2900 aircraft and up to 1100 attack helicopters.

The Russians have far greater number than that and far larger military industrial complex, they can churn out MiGs, Sukhois, tanks and helicopters than the civilian oriented industries of Europe can.... What you are forgetting is Russia has abundance in man power, equipment, military factories, oil & gas, and necessary metals to outstrip anything Europe combined can hope to have.... few good quality Eurocopters, leopard tanks, and Euro fighters can easily be overwhelmed by sheer numbers.... If Russia wanted to they could have been in Tblisi in a heart beat and lynched Saakashvili by his balls as Putin wanted to before Sarkosy said to him do you want to be labeled another Bush as far as what he did to Saddam and as witness by the nervous Saakashvili eating his own tie.... Look at what the Russians did to Hitler who had superior quality by overwhelming him with sheer numbers.... I suggest you re-read that quote that says "those who don't remember history are doomed to repeat it"..... Ask Hitler and Napoleon how it went when they faced the Russians.

Or even better yet ask Saakashvili and the Chechnyans how it went when they dared Putin smh...... No country outside of America and China can even hope to have a fighting chance against the the behemoth that is the Russian bear.... LOL and we all know as soon as the Germans are overwhelmed in continental Europe expect to see the French waving the white flag in Paris and looking towards mass Exodus towards London LOL.... I expect Sarkozy and Hollande being found hiding under Merkel's skirt by Putin lol

Last edited:
The Russians have far greater number than that and far larger military industrial complex, they can churn out MiGs, Sukhois, tanks and helicopters than the civilian oriented industries of Europe can.... What you are forgetting is Russia has abundance in man power, equipment, military factories, oil & gas, and necessary metals to outstrip anything Europe combined can hope to have.... few good quality Eurocopters, leopard tanks, and Euro fighters can easily be overwhelmed by sheer numbers.... If Russia wanted to they could have been in Tblisi in a heart beat and lynched Saakashvili by his balls as Putin wanted to before Sarkosy said to him do you want to be labeled another Bush as far as what he did to Saddam and as witness by the nervous Saakashvili eating his own tie.... Look at what the Russians did to Hitler who had superior quality by overwhelming him with sheer numbers.... I suggest you re-read that quote that says "those who don't remember history are doomed to repeat it"..... Ask Hitler and Napoleon how it went when they faced the Russians.

Hitler was not able to destroy the Russian factories because they were out of reach to him, but not to the current European Forces.

Russia cannot field all his forces at Europe because he will have a huge unprotected border. Europe can field all his forces to the east.

If Saakashvili would have been smarter and blocked the entrance tunnel to his country right away he could have stopped the initial Russian attack in it's tracks. The speed wiith which the Russians crossed that tunnel proves they were going to attack anyway and that it was not a defensive act.

Russia can't afford to equip its soldiers. Only a tiny fraction of Russian materiel is equal to modern Western equipment. Russia lacks up-to-date communications, computers, and precision munitions. Much hardware remains from the Soviet buildup, but most of it doesn't work. Soldiers cannibalize spare parts to keep a few vehicles working. Pilots lack the fuel and equipment to fly training missions. Russian arms plants still produce excellent weapons for export (anti-ship missiles, for example), but the Russian military can't afford to buy any of them. The Russian army is no longer the great Russian bear but a "rather vicious ferret,"

I am :)

Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller

I always liked...

“The voice of the majority is no proof of justice.”

Back