Unit Rosters?

Is that the info you wanted Sunset? A unit roster is a term usually applied to the list of names of individual members of a given unit. I don't think you'll find that info on line anywhere, at least I'd hope not.

Is that the info you wanted Sunset? A unit roster is a term usually applied to the list of names of individual members of a given unit. I don't think you'll find that info on line anywhere, at least I'd hope not.

I don't think he meant it as we know it. And despite PERSEC, some units actually do publish their rosters online on their websites without requiring a password to access. Will never understand why, however.

Well guess you will never believe this then. Our government publishes a list of all serving officers every year. Evrey single serving officer in the Army. You can even get it at the local library. 30 years being targeted by the IRA and we are still playing by 'British' rules of gamesmanship!! :eek:

DTop said:

Well... that is what i was looking for (not really expecting to find it) but thanks for the help guys. I looked all over the VirtualArmory site and found very little of what i was looking for. Just another thin to add to my list of questions for my RRNCO.

No you won't find personal info like that anywhere. You know the Privacy Act prevents that sort of thing. I remember I had to retrieve an old morning report from my unit's HQ once. When it finally got it, everything was blacked out except for the name of the person I was looking into. Now keep in mind that as 1SG, I was the person who first submitted that form and I had a fresh form every day that i could look at but "them's the rules".

DTop, not quite on point with your story, but AKO is a great source for looking up folks. No rosters, but just about everyone that's served is listed. Only for active, reserve or former Army, however.

On point with your story, never had that problem before, the pencil pushers were always more than happy (if a little slow) to give us what we needed.

The Privacy Act can often times be canceled by the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act).

You're right about that site Rndr. It's not quite like unit rosters but it's sure handy for looking folks up. At least your required to be "registered" to gain that info, I think. Yep - those remfs can really slow things up and they usually seemed more than happy to do so.
Sunset, are you trying to find a particular person?

TheSunsetSniper said:
No, not really. Just getting ahead of myself. Havn't met anyone in my unit yet.

No worries, you'll have plenty of time to pal around and get the FNG hazing (though, it isn't as bad in the guard as on AD). Stay focused on your training and school work for now.

Back