Unit Refused Iraq Mission, Military Says

Duty Honor Country

By JOHN J. LUMPKIN, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - The Army is investigating up to 19 members of a supply platoon in Iraq who refused to go on a convoy mission, the military said Friday. Relatives of the soldiers said the troops considered the mission too dangerous, in part because their vehicles were in such poor shape.

Some of the troops' concerns were being addressed, military officials said. But a coalition spokesman in Baghdad noted that "a small number of the soldiers involved chose to express their concerns in an inappropriate manner, causing a temporary breakdown in discipline..."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...i_ea/iraq_unit_investigation&cid=540&ncid=716

Those soldiers should get the ax. As my old 1SG said , "max em." I do not care who you are, you are in the military and must follow orders. This is war and there are going to be dangers everywhere you go.

Those soldiers must be made an example so other soldiers know what not to do.

Id send a RI over there to brighten their day. I bet they would volunteer for every mission after that.

Max em. Smoke their knots. What ever you wanna call it they need to spend time at hard labor with big P's stenciled on em. At least as long as it takes to Type up the Dishonorable Discharges.

Back