UNIT PATCHES ON M-65 FIELD JACKET;HELP!

GMANROD

I have been out of the Marine Corps over 20 yrs now. I purchased a M-65 field jacket and was thinking about adding my Unit patch, 26th Marine Expeditionary Patch, etc, etc. I believe there are certain rules and regulations regarding where unit patches go. Such as if you served in Combat, the patch is worn on a particular area of the jacket....Any suggestions on where I could attain this information would be much appreciated!....

I have been out of the Marine Corps over 20 yrs now. I purchased a M-65 field jacket and was thinking about adding my Unit patch, 26th Marine Expeditionary Patch, etc, etc. I believe there are certain rules and regulations regarding where unit patches go. Such as if you served in Combat, the patch is worn on a particular area of the jacket....Any suggestions on where I could attain this information would be much appreciated!....

I've never seen a Marine wear a unit patch.... know that MarDiv Insigna still exists but I thought it was against uniform policy to wear unit patches or pretty much anything except USMC/name tape and proficiency badges like jump wings or marksmanship awards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back