Uniforms

blackhawk211

What's everyones take on the army's uniforms? Too much, too heavy, too light, what could be added, what don't we need? Any thoughts are appreciated.

It largely depends where in the world you are and what tasks you are expected to do. In many combat zones the soldiers soon learn just what need to have with them and will adjust things accordingly.

ACU = garbage.

Agreed. I can't count how many pair of ACU's I have tore up. The velcro sucks ass and the stitches dont hold. The color scheme is a joke too. They aren't even remotely tactical until they have been faded by sand.

Last edited:
To say nothing of the zippers that break. Next payday where I have a little extra, I'm having the sew lady rig up something on the (pultiple tops so they have hidden buttons like on the BDU top.

I've already sewn on most of the stuff on the tops, Except for the 4 I.D. patches, those will not stay on my person any longer then they have to :D

Sucks implies you get something out of it.
Garbage is...garbage.

Seeing as we copied the concept of a pixtel-themed uniform from the Marines, I don't know why the need for all that velcro or a plastic zipper or hey, camoflauge with colours that occur nowhere in nature.

Little by little, I've been sewing everything on.
Except for the 4th I.D. patch, I wont wear that any longer then I have to.....

Back