UniBOWL XX

ObjSRgtLw

plakat_hochschulbowl09.jpg

You'll probably laugh about it but I think some of you may be interested in the fact that American Fottball is present here:
I just came back from the finals, unfortunately the HSU-snipers (our team consisting of mainly Officers and Cadetts) only managed to get 3rd place by winning against the Mannheim Knights:
helm.jpg
The final match between Paderborn UNIcorns (favorite, won 4 times in a row) and Karlsruhe ENGINEERS was pretty exciting. Paderborn controlled the game leading with one touchdown but on the last quarter Engineers made a wonderfull intercept and scored in the last minute of the game, together with 2 points for sacking the ball in the Endzone of the Paderborn Unicorns they won the match!

I must say if you know the rules a little it's very much fun to watch ;).
Sadly it's not very popular in Germany and so the atmosphere isn't really good because there are not many people around...

Sorry for my maybe poor report on this sport event, I'm new to american football ^^.

Well I am aware that there is an NFL Europe league and they seem to attract some pretty big crowds.
Other than that, don't know a whole lot about it.

Well I am aware that there is an NFL Europe league and they seem to attract some pretty big crowds.
Other than that, don't know a whole lot about it.
They canned that two years ago due to monetary issues. Plus, the "Europe" League consisted of 5 German teams and one Dutch team at the end, so it was really more like the German League ;)

I tried to purchase a Jersey from the German Football League but it seems that there aren't any to buy ;).
After that I tried to buy a nice Jersey of the Minnesota Vikings
vikings-jersey-white.jpg

but there aren't any new either, only one with a player who doesn't even play for the Vikings anymore- after that I tried to buy it in America online but that would cost me 35 Dollar shipping ;). Well with shipping it's almost as expensive as here... insane, I think I'll save the money for the new Hamburg soccer Jersey, though I hope the outward jersey looks better ;).
15100_m.jpg

Football just doesn't want me to get a nice Jersey it seems...

A lot of the designs are kinda ugly now...
but it's better than in 2001/2002 when all the Nike National team jerseys looked EXACTLY the same but with different colors. How lazy is that?? I can't remember the last time I was so bitterly disappointed with it.
The Adidas ones were also a bit like that but their variations were slightly better. But only slightly... and only because Nike had no variation except color (and some very invisible line themes).
Then they had the thing with the pool ball numbers and the big white slab of crap on the back side of the shoulders where the names would be printed in reverse colors and it would look absolutely TERRIBLE if no names were printed and it would still look pretty bad with the names printed.
Along the way some designs couldn't decide whether they were a polo shirt or a football jersey.

Back