Unfair Admins (Battlefield 2)

AlphaHound

There I was, hiding from the Gunship that was straffing our last Spawn point, I made it to the flag over the bridge and their flag, took over a anti aircraft vehicle and shot down 3 Gunships one after the other (Special Forces map). Was I given a pat on the back or a well done thanks champ? No their Admin was flying a gunship so I was booted via punkbuster for attacking a Mainbase! I was once booted (from the same site) for swearing (a$£) I did'nt but I took out the same guy a few times before it happened! Admin perhaps? Has anyone else experienced this before?:crybaby:

Don't take this the wrong way, but you might have earned that ban.

What you were doing is called Base Raping and on most servers, most people don't like it. The general rule of thumb is such action is permitted as long as its a base you can capture. Main bases are off limits. The only reason I would go to an enemy mainbase is on sabatoge missions.

Otherwise its a cheap shot similar to spawn killing. The fact it was an Admin is regardless. Most Admins will ban you for baserape whether they are a victim or not. Honestly were I the Admin I probably would have kicked you as well although I probably would have given you a warning first. I think thats the only error the Admin made...

Also try and avoid killing the same guy over and over over a short period of time, the goal is to have fun, not to ruin other people's enjoyment of the game. There are exceptions about this too, for example if I snipe a guy and medics successfully revive him, I generally consider him to be "fair game" to shoot him again.

Base Rape

Fair comment lads...but maybe I wasnt too clear, I was NOT at their base, Neither were they. The previous game the other side (a clan) were spawn raping with helicopters and amasing their kills (over our base) when I was shooting down their choppers they were over OUR base near a flag I captured. However it was that clans server and yep I suppose I spoiled their fun monopolising the game. Thanks for replying.:drunkb:

Fair comment lads...but maybe I wasnt too clear, I was NOT at their base, Neither were they. The previous game the other side (a clan) were spawn raping with helicopters and amasing their kills (over our base) when I was shooting down their choppers they were over OUR base near a flag I captured. However it was that clans server and yep I suppose I spoiled their fun monopolising the game. Thanks for replying.:drunkb:

Im telling you, its some sort of "revenge' done by mods who their chivalry has never existed in them :type:

This is why I like playing on servers where the only rule is no TKs. It's quite fun grinding some Chi-coms into the dirt in under my Abrams before heading off to work.

Check out the server in my sig...

We aim for an asshat free environment ;)

Plus we are always looking for input on how to make our server better.....

all u kicking wankers are :cen: . hears a little tip: BF2 is a game about war and killing people. if u die, tough s***, no matter how "fair" it is. all bases and all enemy players are legitimate targets and the goal is the elimination of the enemy and the preservation of comrades. its that simple.

grow the hell up u :cen: admins, and learn to play the game better before u ruin the game for everyone.

Watch your words.

Last edited by a moderator:
all u kicking wankers are :cen: . hears a little tip: BF2 is a game about war and killing people. if u die, tough s***, no matter how "fair" it is. all bases and all enemy players are legitimate targets and the goal is the elimination of the enemy and the preservation of comrades. its that simple.

grow the hell up u :cen: admins, and learn to play the game better before u ruin the game for everyone.

Wrong, the object of the game is to have fun. Thats why its called a GAME. This isn't real war, its a game. You can still have fun without ruining other peoples enjoyment of the game with the use of dirty tricks, hacks, and cheats. I have discovered that its the worst players who do this because they are not skilled enough to win playing fairly.

How fun do you think the game would be if everybody stooped to such tactics? Tic-Tac-Toe would be more enjoyable, unless your're the type that enjoys ruining people's fun. In which case, you get what you deserve.

It is a game yes, but true gentlemen play games, fight and do just about everything within a set of rules...Been doing it for a long time...

Bottom line if you don't pay for the server you have no right in telling them how to run it albeit they themselves have a set of rules dictated by EA and must adhere to them as well...

And as mmarsh said the point is FUN we implement rules to keep it fun for everyone. Because guess what if you are base raping the other team isn't having fun and they are going to leave and find another server which could make your server empty....

If you don't like these cowardly rules, you can simply play on servers with no rules like I do. I, for one, get a sense of accomplishment when we're down and dying and I still manage to fight off the enemy, escape, and capture a point. It's pretty exhilerating.

If you don't like these cowardly rules, you can simply play on servers with no rules like I do. I, for one, get a sense of accomplishment when we're down and dying and I still manage to fight off the enemy, escape, and capture a point. It's pretty exhilerating.

Yeah never did I say one shouldn't be able to surround the enemy just spawn death spawn death spawn death is a lil annoying :)

These are the server rules we have set up for the server in my sig
http://www.freelancekillers.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=427

Skipper Read the Bottom Line!

Skipper, with respect mate read the begining of the thread. I have no problem following or respecting server rules. In this case the server admin kicked me because I dared to fight back, against a base rape, prohibited under their rules and used a pathetic excuse as swearing "ass" which I did not, simply because I was shooting down their choppers big time! They have also kicked me for reasons of "base attack"My base, their attack" My crime...Defending the flag! Comon man, no rules game ok, we take it as we find it, but an EA server should stick to the rules it posts and not kick players who make their clan look bad, or ruin their stats by fighting hard. I recently played this site as commander, my side was winning, guess what? yep I was kicked to make room for a "clan admin", ok fair enough if I was a Grunt, but TEAM COMMANDER? Now I'm mad enough to name and shame. STAY AWAY FROM BADLANDS SERVER.DEN (Denmark)?
THEY HAVE NO HONOUR!
:bang:

I admin on a 24/7 Wake server. No arty on the carrier and no TK's are really the only rules besides generally respecting your fellow players. The only reason those rules are there is to prevent the Chinese from completely shutting down the carrier and, subsequently emptying the server. I have never kicked someone for killing me unless they were on my own team, though. Everyone and their brother has a BF2 server, though, so you see all kinds.

Our goal is to make it so the game is fun for everyone and that people will stay in our server....

I must say most people generally follow our rules without even being warned, it is nice to see everyone setting up a safe perimeter around the uncap (usually at the last capturable flag) and just scanning/waiting for the enemy to try and break the line of defense...Makes the game fun and gives the other team a fighting chance....Honor in video games....lol ;)

More From Ghost Town Badlands!

Thanks for the reply lads, the latest is, I was just kicked by an admin, ok fair enough he must have deserved it you may think. My crime.. I shot him running whilst I was in a T.O.W vehicle and the reason via punkbuster was..Alpha I do not like a TOW! Oh common lads, I know I'm sounding like a whinger and I'M not, I have 3 purple hearts for goodness sake I can take a hammering! but is that not just a little bit petty? This will be my last reply on this matter as I have played this site and put up with petty admins kicking me because I ruined their kill and point count and NOT the game or broke their rules! I enjoy wake and hope to see you their for a fair game. Thanks to all who replied.

Respects
AlphaHound
:pirate2:

Back