understanding between china and india

Sexybeast

Banned
too many flaming posts between china and india happened in last few days.

we should not blame either side as they just try to defend their own country, but rather, sometimes nationalism overuns our conscience..

india and china, although many conflicts in the past, are quiet similiar in some way...

they are all significant economic booming power, they all face problems of large populations, they all have some lands being seperated from their countires in their opinions...and they all try their best to improve their military.

just hope no more flaming posts about comparision between india and china, cuz no one will win in this argument as no one will give up on their faith for their country,

but rather, this generation of chinese and indians should think more about peace , about building their countries, catching up the western world and creating a multi-superpower world....a balanced world

right?

Well, I am not from either nation but I think it is obvious that the best medicine is for everyone involved to:
1.) Add some realism to their swelling national pride - no nation is perfect and all nations have problems. Someone else pointing out a possible problem with your country should not be taken as a personal insult. Constant praise for how much better you nation is - that's just asking for a flame war.
2.) Make a point of not citing examples unless they are well established facts. (Examples: A good statement of fact - Japan and Germany committed numerous horrible warcrimes against humanity in World War II. A bad statement would be - No member of the PLA has ever committed a warcrime of any kind at any time. The first can easily be verified from many independent sources. The second can't.)
3.) Never be one dimensional in you thinking. If you cannot have an open mind about any specific topic or opinion and are offended the moment anybody brings them up, then the problem lies with you. An excellent example: "All the world does not adore and praise the United States of America and the USA does not always do the right thing." If an American is unwilling to accept that statement then he or she is letting nationalistic pride overrule common sense.
4.) If a thread is wandering off topic because of a nonrelated dispute over anything -- just drop it. If that is too much to ask, open a different thread for that discussion to continue but for heaven's sake let the thread get back to its stated topic.

godofthunder9010 said:
Well, I am not from either nation but I think it is obvious that the best medicine is for everyone involved to:
1.) Add some realism to their swelling national pride - no nation is perfect and all nations have problems. Someone else pointing out a possible problem with your country should not be taken as a personal insult. Constant praise for how much better you nation is - that's just asking for a flame war.
2.) Make a point of not citing examples unless they are well established facts. (Examples: A good statement of fact - Japan and Germany committed numerous horrible warcrimes against humanity in World War II. A bad statement would be - No member of the PLA has ever committed a warcrime of any kind at any time. The first can easily be verified from many independent sources. The second can't.)
3.) Never be one dimensional in you thinking. If you cannot have an open mind about any specific topic or opinion and are offended the moment anybody brings them up, then the problem lies with you. An excellent example: "All the world does not adore and praise the United States of America and the USA does not always do the right thing." If an American is unwilling to accept that statement then he or she is letting nationalistic pride overrule common sense.
4.) If a thread is wandering off topic because of a nonrelated dispute over anything -- just drop it. If that is too much to ask, open a different thread for that discussion to continue but for heaven's sake let the thread get back to its stated topic.

an excellent post!

godofthunder9010 said:

totally agree

point is, i hope debating dun cause any misunderstanding or offending either.

but rather exchanging views etc..

AA said:
true, but no chinese can be convinced that pla has commited crimes aginist citizens ( forget 89, it was a riot)
Well, the military actions in Tibet and Xinjiang have been brutal in the past. Only recently things have improved there. Every army has skeletons in its cupboard.
But overall w.r.t India, PLA had behaved in a dignified manner with all POWs.

Sexybeast said:
too many flaming posts between china and india happened in last few days.

we should not blame either side as they just try to defend their own country, but rather, sometimes nationalism overuns our conscience..

india and china, although many conflicts in the past, are quiet similiar in some way...

they are all significant economic booming power, they all face problems of large populations, they all have some lands being seperated from their countires in their opinions...and they all try their best to improve their military.

just hope no more flaming posts about comparision between india and china, cuz no one will win in this argument as no one will give up on their faith for their country,

but rather, this generation of chinese and indians should think more about peace , about building their countries, catching up the western world and creating a multi-superpower world....a balanced world

right?

well said.

Sexybeast said:

will happen

well, cant help it if u guys kept picking at the 62' war by enlarging chinese casulties and heroizing non-significant battles

i think we should have a bann on any talk of the 62 war in the future

i vow on that if you guys agree

AA said:
well, cant help it if u guys kept picking at the 62' war by enlarging chinese casulties and heroizing non-significant battles
You may consider the deaths of PLA soldiers non-significant, that is your choice. But we don't, we value the lives of our troops.
I know what you are getting at. Battle of Razang La...right? If one rifle company withstood a brigade attack, and which even Bejing or Peking as it was known then acknowledged that it suffered its worst cas in Razang La, then it is a great feat. If the troops fought to the last man last round, then it is significant.
If you want to live in a dream world, and not learn any thing, then so be it.

lemontree said:
AA wrote:

You may consider the deaths of PLA soldiers non-significant, that is your choice. But we don't, we value the lives of our troops.
I know what you are getting at. Battle of Razang La...right? If one rifle company withstood a brigade attack, and which even Bejing or Peking as it was known then acknowledged that it suffered its worst cas in Razang La, then it is a great feat. If the troops fought to the last man last round, then it is significant.

i sense another 2005 indo-china forum war :(

godofthunder9010 said:

Damn, I wish I'd said that! :(

lemontree said:
AA said:

ya, india army is world's best, kicking anybody's ass,
well-equiped, zero-causalty.

happy?

You know what lemontree. Smarten up. AA is respectful towards your ideas I think you shouldn't flame him about his ideas. He actually wanted to stop talking about the 62 incident while you just heat things up. Good job. not.

Anyways, in my opinion I don't think Indian/China relations will be too great. An example of it could be right here...

EagleStrike said:
Anyways, in my opinion I don't think Indian/China relations will be too great. An example of it could be right here...

Never knew ppl took what someone says on an online forum discussions as the final word.

India-China relations are improving everyday.India-China bilateral trade in a few years will be the second largest in the world.And its no more India or China itsd India and China together.

The picture presented by some ppl here is that India-China relations are worsening, which is absolutely incorrect.They have never been more better than at present

Please, No one here take someone as their country's representative as some person might provide a wrong point of view which isn't true., EagleStrike is talking as if lemontree and AA are India and China's heads of State respectively.

not bad, head of state

anyways, i have to comment on lemontree's comment about chinese not caring about human lives or other stuff like that

if you understand the battles during 1962, then ull know what im talking about/.

the border clashes had reached a huge intensity during the summer of 1961, in which the indian army in that area is enlarged wiht reinforcments and artillery regiments

according to the chinese military doctrine, chiense soldiers are not to attack unless attacked upon, thereby when the border clash occured military leaders sensed they had to do something and to have a short battle.

the chiense were also reinforced to deal with the indians

the chiense chose a plan based on the thousand year old doctrine written by sun tzu's art of war, in which chinese border units were to retreat along the border, giving the indian army a chance to advance into the already prepared bulge

this is waht happened, the indian army took the bait and went in, because how else could've they invaded and conquerored miles of territory with ease??

then the pincers occured, and the indian army was surrounded and the encirclement annialiated

the chiense army advanced even more to persue the indian army, or whats left of it

but the offensive was halted , pows were returned and the border was pre-war drawn

look, u may go and blast at my comment with racial bashing or whatever, i dont care after this post, i dont want to deal with it anymore.

it doesn't matter what indian site u post up for me to source, its probably nto true since western sites and chiense sites alike told the story of the 62 war pretty much the same, and when a chinese source agree with western source during a time when westerns actually hated comi china, then its pretty clear from logical analysis that the indian sources were probably made up or wrong

im surprised how this had occured, because i predicted that the fellow indian forumers would've not mentioned it because it is sorta of a disgrace??

anyhow, thats my last post about the war, u can bash it if u like but i know the truth already.

sure...

INdia is great, pray to india, india the king of the word, step aside america, indias the policeman now!!!

happy>? :lol:

No, not happy...

But if you replace India with Norway in your post, then I would be very happy.. :D

Back