undeployable status: - Page 2

--
Boots

August 30th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

My cousins husband is going through the same thing. He does some kinda satellite thing or something, and he just found out like a couple weeks after he got back that in Jan, he's going back for another year. He and his wife were going to try for another child, and no affirmations on what came of that. They also have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. He is stationed in Arizona, and the whole last year, my cousin lived there by herself on Ft. Huachucha, across the nation from all of her family.

You aren't the only one going through this. It's called volunteerism... sometimes it sucks, yes.
December 30th, 2008  
manoverbored

Topic: It sucks.

Im not gunna lie im pissed. Guess what im going through the same exact thing as you. When i get back after being deployed for almost a year. I go back to my original unit. And deploy six months later. If your reserve or guard. Just do another inner state transfer that can keep you from deploying. Or if you claim your back is messed up your non deployable. they cant prove it. Doctors now are strict and seem like they almost dont want people to deploy. And for the people that say suck it up. Wow i should smack you. This guy has a life he makes good money. He probably looses money in deployment. For the highschooler. You have no idea what its like being in the pit of hell. untill you have been there. You have no idea what a cold sweat is like. Waking up, night mares every darn day. The stresses that overwhelming feeling that you will never make it. Your family saying you have changed and you not knowing what the hell they are talking about. You think highschool is hard. **** that was a breeze. something i accomplished with a 3.5 overall gpa trashed everyday. So brother my advice to you is do the same thing i do. the army term take it like a champ cause your getting screwed.
December 31st, 2008  
maccabees

sweet jesus, that sucks. thats how the army scams ya. i just BARELY got out myself. i was active duty, deployed in OIF 06-08. 15 months. when we got back, we had about a 5 month window to get out, cause theyd stop-loss us a few months out from going to NTC or JRTC, not from the date wed redeploy to iraq. as for your situation, id just guess that you could try to get put into the WTU for PTSD or a TBI (provided you were close enough to an explosion to have gotten one), beyond that, im not sure. it really depends on your leadership, your MTOE (yes, theyll take that into consideration before letting you go. the more valuable or the longer itd take to fill your slot, the harder theyre gonna make it. meh, youre an NCO, im sure you know that.) in any case, i really hope everything works out for you.
--
Boots
December 31st, 2008  
Rob Henderson

Guys, I think this thread is dead... He hasn't had any activity in 4 years... Let him go. LOL