Unconstitutional Search prompts foul cries from Congressional Republicians

mmarsh said:
Well I hate to break it to you, but thats not the opinion of the American Public.

Bush has already sunken lower than Carter (34%) in terms approval and as I pointed out is close to surpassing the all time low of Richard Nixon at 26%. Clinton is at 62% approval.

It depends whom you trust. Rats, Michael moore, CBS et al or real people who were never asked if they approve of Pres. Bush or not

Last edited:
That is a convinient way o flooking at thin Phoenix. If you don´t like whta you see, just dismiss it as being untrue or not trustworthy. On the bright side f things: it does makelife a walk in the park. And there is something to say for that too!

Phenoix,

Would you care to provide examples of 'the real people' that really do support President Bush.

People don't vote according to how much they dislike one candidate over another. They, like me vote party, but most won't tell you that on a poll. If George Bush falls to -23%, I won't be persuaded to change parties because of his poll numbers. I just don't want "Stretch" Pelosi to be Speaker of the House and Hillary Clinton President. That's about as clear as I can make my point using socially acceptable language.

Quote:
Phenoix,

Would you care to provide examples of 'the real people' that really do support President Bush.

ME!

Last edited:
Ditto on that Missileer.

While if asked I would say that the I dont approve of the job the presidents doing. The thought of "Speaker of the House Pelosi really does scare me too much to not vote for Repigblicans.

Missileer said:
People don't vote according to how much they dislike one candidate over another. They, like me vote party, but most won't tell you that on a poll. If George Bush falls to -23%, I won't be persuaded to change parties because of his poll numbers. I just don't want "Stretch" Pelosi to be Speaker of the House and Hillary Clinton President. That's about as clear as I can make my point using socially acceptable language.

Quote:
Phenoix,

ME!
Missileer

I mean no offense, but I think thats simply utter bullocks. Politics isn't professional sports. Most people, like myself vote for the better Candidate regardless of Party. Sometimes thats a Republican and sometimes that's a Democrat. I am not voting against the GOP because I'm a Democrat (actually I am a Liberal Republican). Look at New York State, its a very Democratic State except the Govornor, the state legislature, and the New York City Mayor are all Republicans. I believe even your state of Texas has had its share of Democrats in office, not true (Ann Richards)?

I am voting against the GOP because in the last 6 years they have just about screwed everything up, and there are plenty of like minded Republicans. I couldn't never in good conscience vote Republican this year, as I am not in the habit of rewarding utter incompetance. The sad truth is, Even from a strict conservative standpoint, they are incompetant. The AP poll from 2 weeks ago showed that 1 in 3 Republicans want the GOP to lose in November.

Personally I rather give Nancy, Hillary and whoever a chance, because there always a possibility they might actually do a good job, whereas with this pathetic lot we have now, we all know what to expect from them, I sincerely doubt another 2 years will change much from the previous 6.

I think anybody who votes along solely party lines is being extremely narrow-minded.

Lastly, I was referring to polls, but I'm glad you spoke up, I didnt want to leave Pheonix all by himself. :D

Last edited:
mmarsh said:
Missileer

I mean no offense, but I think thats simply utter bullocks. Politics isn't professional sports. Most people, like myself vote for the better Candidate regardless of Party.

That isn't true. Most people in the US do tend to vote their registered party. It is the minority that's willing to look at both sides and make a decision that way. You can look at voting trends over the years and various polls that have been done about this to see the evidence. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that tow the party line, mostly because they're too lazy to get informed.

I am afraid Mmarsh, that most people do tend to stick to political parties. How often don´t you hear about generation after generation sticking to one party? It is saddening to see that people view politics via gut feelings and not content. Of course you knew this already but it painfull to see it confirmed time after time after time...

It is saddening to see that people view politics via gut feelings and not content. Of course you knew this already but it painfull to see it confirmed time after time after time...

Cause going with a gut feeling is always a bad thing. Just because I dont like Bush and not a big fan of the republicans in general right now, doesnt mean I think the democrats are going to do any of a better job.

I'll vote for whoever is most likely to uphold my rights as an American citizen and not let the government spy on me and if they want arrest me for no reason and hold me indefinitely (i.e. forever).

I hate the PATRIOT act. Nothing patriotic about it, unless you're a Nazi.

mmarsh said:
Phenoix,

:lol:

That was a very funny question though.

Try freerepublic.com to see, for real, how people support GOP and Pres. Bush

:-D

My stats came from a poll done by ABCNEWS (which is center) and you call that untrustworthy. Your response is Freerepublic? You just proved Ted correct, if the news is unfavoriable to you its obviously false
and when its from largest Bush apologist website on the internet its information is totally correct. That's just living in denial.

major liability said:
I hate the PATRIOT act. Nothing patriotic about it, unless you're a Nazi.

Going a little overboard there. I'm neither for, nor against the PATRIOT Act. As a temporary solution to a problem long ignored, it was a good idea. As a permanent solution to a problem now being face, I believe it outlives its usefulness. Calling those that may support it a Nazi is a pretty bold and ballsy (that's sarcasm btw) statement to be making over the internet.

PJ, do you think its possible to plug the holes without losing our freedoms as Americans? Can we tighten up our security and leave the constitution and bill of rights intact? I make no claims to genius but my brain can't wrap itself around an answer that does.

That is a really though question Bulldogg, and to be honest it will take some effort to close the gaps. You´ll always have people opposing and claiming that their constitutional rights are being infringed even if this isn´t the case. And how to monitor all the emails and phone calls? Do this ransomly and you catch a bad guy by luck. Do it thorough and you are in the grey area´s of civil rights. It is difficult... I am curious how they´ll go about it!

That is a tough one, B.

I think in order for more security we are going to have to make a few changes, but I don't believe they need to be so great that it changes the basic rights afforded in the Constitution/BoRs.

Exactly how we do that without crossing the line, I don't know. Something for the brain to chew on.

Like I said, the US has faced enemies greater than terrorism in her past and it successfully confronted those enemies without making any changes to the constitution. I dont see any justification to do so now with an enemy whom in my opinion is far less dangerous than say the 3rd Reich or Stalin's USSR.

mmarsh said:
My stats came from a poll done by ABCNEWS (which is center) and you call that untrustworthy. Your response is Freerepublic? You just proved Ted correct, if the news is unfavoriable to you its obviously false
and when its from largest Bush apologist website on the internet its information is totally correct. That's just living in denial.

LoL

Try freerepublic.com dude and stop whinning!

If they're Bush apologists, then who are you? Are you not a RATs' apologist too?

Last edited:
phoenix80 said:
LoL

Try freerepublic.com dude and stop whinning!

If they're Bush apologists, then who are you? Are you not a RATs' apologist too?

No, I am not a Democrat. I am a center-left Republican (Chaffee, Specter, Bloomburg, Guiliani), I just loath the far right. I am not blinded by party ideology, I vote for whomever I think has the best platform and so far the far right has fumbled the ball on every single play. Unlike you I could vote for a Conservative if he were the right candidate (John McCain comes to mind).

You dont think I already have? That site is for GOP drones who are simply too lazy and narrow-minded to do their own research to formulate their own opinions. And for your information, I dont get 'facts' (I use the term loosely) from left wing apologist sites neither, you have never seen me quote Moveon.org have you? Thats the difference between you and I.

mmarsh said:
No, I am not a Democrat. I am a center-left Republican (Chaffee, Specter, Bloomburg, Guiliani), I just loath the far right. I am not blinded by party ideology, I vote for whomever I think has the best platform and so far the far right has fumbled the ball on every single play. Unlike you I could vote for a Conservative if he were the right candidate (John McCain comes to mind).

You dont think I already have? That site is for GOP drones who are simply too lazy and narrow-minded to do their own research to formulate their own opinions. And for your information, I dont get 'facts' (I use the term loosely) from left wing apologist sites neither, you have never seen me quote Moveon.org have you? Thats the difference between you and I.

Full of contradictions...

Back