Unbeaten Saints.... who would have thought?

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/recaps/2006/09/17/2027_recap.html

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -The surprising New Orleans Saints are heading home unbeaten.
Drew Brees overcame three early turnovers by throwing for 353 yards, leading the Saints to a 34-27 victory over the Green Bay Packers on Sunday.
They will play their first game in New Orleans since 2004 next Monday night against Atlanta. The Saints, of course, spent last season without a home after Hurricane Katrina ravaged their city and the Louisiana Superdome.
With the game tied at 20, Brees threw a 35-yard touchdown pass to Marques Colston for a 27-20 edge with 8:20 remaining.
Brees completed 26 of 41 passes, throwing for two touchdowns and an interception for the Saints (2-0). The Packers (0-2) contained rookie running back Reggie Bush , but veteran Deuce McAllister scored twice.
Ahman Green fumbled after Colston's touchdown and McAllister ran for a 23-yard score.
Brett Favre 's 6-yard pass to running back Noah Herron cut the Saints' lead to 34-27 with 4:18 remaining. Favre, who completed 31 of 55 passes for 340 yards with three touchdowns and one interception, had thrown only one TD pass in the Packers' previous six games.
The Packers got the ball with 3:09 remaining, and Brett Favre drove to the Saints 44. But Favre threw four straight incompletions.
One week after being shut out for the first time in his career, Favre threw three touchdown passes, his first multi-touchdown game since a loss to Minnesota on Nov. 21, 2005.
But Favre also threw an interception in the end zone at the beginning of the second half. He was hit while throwing on first down at the Saints 7 and Omar Stoutmire intercepted in the end zone.
Brees immediately found Joe Horn for a 57-yard pass to the Packers 23. Aaron Kampman came up with his third sack of the game and forced another fumble, but the Saints recovered and John Carney hit a 45-yard field goal to put the Saints ahead 17-13.
After a three-and-out by the Packers, Brees found Bush for a 23-yard swing pass to set up a 47-yard field goal by Carney.
Early in the fourth quarter, Favre hit Robert Ferguson for a 4-yard touchdown, tying the game at 20.
Brees turned over the ball over on the Saints' first three possessions, allowing the Packers to jump to a 13-0 lead.
On the Saints' third play from scrimmage, Kampman sacked Brees, forced a fumble and recovered the ball at the Saints 37. Five plays later, Favre found rookie Greg Jennings for his first career touchdown.
Brees fumbled again on the Saints' next series and threw an interception to Al Harris on their third possession, leading to two field goals by Dave Rayner .
The Saints' first score came on a 3-yard run by Deuce McAllister . Brees led the Saints on a seven-play, 73-yard drive on their next possession, throwing a 26-yard touchdown pass to Devery Henderson .

Reggie Bsh refuses to play in the SuperDome because he alledgedly saw the ghost of an old lady in a wheelchair.:)

Drew Brees + Reggie Bush + Chris Horn (because I grew up with him :D) = Unbeaten. I'm not surprised at all. :D

LOL All righty then. Yes, Godfather, I am serious. I did grow up with Chris Horn. Is that better? ;)

Never heard of Chris Horn.

Don't forget that the season is early. It's only two games in, and a lot can happen between now and the end of week 17. The Saints have been good thus far, but I think it's early to predict a post season for them.

Back