• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• sometimes

• Total voters

texasrebel211

I honestly don't see a use for it anymore. You have the UN not really doing anything in places like Sudan. Also, it is known that the UN has not used the word "genocide" in some places because then they would be legally obligated to help. Although they are able to send people to the US to oversee the elections. Also, you have the African countries where they enlisted the help of the South American mercs (forgot the name of the group but they were very good, former South American SF) which defeated rebels numbered in the thousands. The mercs were only a couple hundred. (You saw this if you watched the private military contractor show on the history channel.) Then the big ol UN said "that is our job, no mercs, etc." So they come in with thousands of troops and it costs many more millions than it did to pay the mercs and within a short amount of time the rebels were owning the UN troops.

It still has its uses but now the whole "We're challenging against anything America does" attitude is hurting it a LOT.
The UN's job is to help people in need but it refuses to do so because of some petty political power play in where if the UN "wins" and the Americans fail the consequences for that would be worse off for everyone (i.e. failure in Iraq).
It still does some good though.

The U.N can't be counted on for military operations. It's useless, they're too slow to react... I do believe that they're good for providing economic aid/cleanup.

Keep Them Busy

A GOOD PLACE FOR THE DO-GOODERS TO FORCE THE NASTIES TO DO A LITTLE GOOD WORK. FEED THE STARVING ETC.

Many people here see the U.N. as sort of a liability – someone who can’t be counted on to solve real problems. I see the U.N. as an organization that is bent on world domination, and they will be wicked in their ways to achieve this. Everything they are doing is aimed at taking control of nations, but they will rationalize this with “good intentions.” They may not be influential now, but they will gain more power if the aren’t stopped. They want the United States to fail in Iraq because we represent a power that acted without the U.N.’s permission.

They want to control the militaries of nations, so they can grow powerful enough to subjugate all those who don’t fall in line. They will give the excuse that sovereign nations are the cause of all war, and you can bet your bottom dollar that the U.N. wants a big war so they can go on a power grab.

They want to control the election process of nations, so they can put in a leader who is aligned with their cause. They will give the excuse that only properly sanctioned elections can be fair, but believe me, if the U.N. gets their hands on the polls, it will be anything but “fair.” The U.N. want to put a leader into power that will hand over sovereignty to them.

They want to remove freedom or individual rights; namely, they want to get rid of the right of self-defense. They want an international gun control act so people won’t be able to defend against their regime. They will give the excuse that guns kill and need to be removed to prevent violence., but if a brutal dictator on the other side of the world is murdering civilians, the U.N. doesn’t want them to defend themselves; instead, they want to send U.N. troops to assume control.

The U.N. is the biggest threat to world that I have ever seen.

Just let the bastards try to take our "Liberty teeth".
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=33584

UN still does something very important.

It also has a big Symbolic Role.

Suppose there was no UN more tomorrow, then it will become very easy for Dogs to bite Chicken, Chicken to fight Ducks, Ducks to chase on Birds, you will see plenty of fists flying in the air, what a mess.

UN at least has a role of Mediating.

FlyingFrog said:
Suppose there was no UN more tomorrow, then it will become very easy for Dogs to bite Chicken, Chicken to fight Ducks, Ducks to chase on Birds, you will see plenty of fists flying in the air, what a mess.

I seriously doubt the world would go to hell in a hand basket like some of the U.N. apologist say it would; verily major powers will not slug it out like they used to since most have nuclear weapons. Times change, but it's not like the U.N. or League of Nations or any other of it's incarnations has ever been really useful.

FlyingFrog said:
UN at least has a role of Mediating.

Baloney! Any power can mediate without taking sides on an issue. The U.S. mediated ceasefire between Russia and Japan in the Russo-Japanese war of 1904-1905. Teddy Roosevelt didn’t take any sides and I believe he won a Nobel peace prize for that. The French mediated a peace treaty between Spain and United States in the Spanish American war. Again, preceding the signing of “Treaty of Paris 1898”, French diplomats mediated without bias.

But think again, what is UN? UN is simply the 5 UNSC powers, right?

UN not usefull equals to say the 5 UNSC members are nuts.

UN is the place where a big powers gather to decide something important to them all, but of course, it will not always work as men would like, but many times it does work.

ravensword227 said:
Many people here see the U.N. as sort of a liability – someone who can’t be counted on to solve real problems. I see the U.N. as an organization that is bent on world domination, and they will be wicked in their ways to achieve this. Everything they are doing is aimed at taking control of nations, but they will rationalize this with “good intentions.” They may not be influential now, but they will gain more power if the aren’t stopped. They want the United States to fail in Iraq because we represent a power that acted without the U.N.’s permission.

They want to control the militaries of nations, so they can grow powerful enough to subjugate all those who don’t fall in line. They will give the excuse that sovereign nations are the cause of all war, and you can bet your bottom dollar that the U.N. wants a big war so they can go on a power grab.

They want to control the election process of nations, so they can put in a leader who is aligned with their cause. They will give the excuse that only properly sanctioned elections can be fair, but believe me, if the U.N. gets their hands on the polls, it will be anything but “fair.” The U.N. want to put a leader into power that will hand over sovereignty to them.

They want to remove freedom or individual rights; namely, they want to get rid of the right of self-defense. They want an international gun control act so people won’t be able to defend against their regime. They will give the excuse that guns kill and need to be removed to prevent violence., but if a brutal dictator on the other side of the world is murdering civilians, the U.N. doesn’t want them to defend themselves; instead, they want to send U.N. troops to assume control.

The U.N. is the biggest threat to world that I have ever seen.

Just let the bastards try to take our "Liberty teeth".
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=33584
wow very post

I got a sticker at a gunshow the other weekend that says "get the US out of the UN" Honestly, I don't see what they are doing for the US.

The people that support the U.N. are usually ignorant of what goes on behind the curtains. The U.N. is busy trying to abolish civil rights on an international level (the right to bear arms and defend one’s life), while defenseless Africans in Rwanda are getting hacked to pieces. We could provide the people with small arms, but the U.N. doesn’t want people to defend their self; if they do anything it will be to garrison the country with troops (mucho tax payer $$$ ). Each nation has its share of screwballs (more like evildoers) – I never said that every member was entirely nuts, so don’t put words in my mouth.

un-annan.jpg

Read all about it: http://www.jpfo.org/alert20020517a.htm

The United Nations is fine and well, but sooner or later the world will have to decide whether or not they want to hang onto it or push for a World Government that is actually more useful.

I agree that they are wonderful for peacetime and completely useless for any police or military action.

FYI, this is a duplicate thread.

I'm not saying that I want bigger World Government. I'm not saying that I don't. I'm just saying that the world is going to have to sort out exactly what they want sooner or later. The UN is highly ineffective, and that suits the majority of the world just fine.

We are debating this year in debate about the UN, Through this like 400 pages of research I have found the UN is full of lying dogs who hate America. The UN will not allow America to cut how much it gives to the un. They do not count the money america sends to the UN. I found one articel I need to p[ost here that talks about how the US should leave the Un and let is become a 3rd world debate ground. However the UN does keep the world from breaking into WW4. But besides that it is useless. America has proven the Un cannot stop a war, when a big power is involved big power does what big power wants to do.

It is interesting read all the american views regarding UN. I think it's sad that you guys not really understand that the world consists of more than the USA. USA have very hard time understanding that other countries see things another way ad that doesn't mean that they are against USA.

One of the weakest parts of UN is the decision process that allow some countries to go against what the majority wants. I think that if the UN is going to be effective you have to take away the right to veto a suggestion. On the other hand UN must be able to put more presure on countries that don't follow the ruels that everybody have agreed to. For example it should have been easier for UN to put presure on Iraq to make them do what UN wanted them to do.

Ok thats my views anyway. Argue against me now.. :)

larsrq said:
It is interesting read all the american views regarding UN. I think it's sad that you guys not really understand that the world consists of more than the USA. USA have very hard time understanding that other countries see things another way ad that doesn't mean that they are against USA.

One of the weakest parts of UN is the decision process that allow some countries to go against what the majority wants. I think that if the UN is going to be effective you have to take away the right to veto a suggestion. On the other hand UN must be able to put more presure on countries that don't follow the ruels that everybody have agreed to. For example it should have been easier for UN to put presure on Iraq to make them do what UN wanted them to do.

Ok thats my views anyway. Argue against me now.. :)

Its all about whether or not you want a World Government that actually works of course. The 5 Permanent Members of the Security Council and their veto power is by far, the most crippling thing. For one thing, why are those 5 nations granted special status without there being a chance of them losing it ... EVER. Times and circumstances change. The UN has not been built to adapt. 5 veto-empowered nations means its pretty damned unlikely they will ever be an effective World Government, especially considering the opposing agendas of the USA, Russia, France, the UK and China. And any action to strip those 5 nations of their veto powers would be vetoed by them.

Just about everyone will favor humanitarian causes. Feed starving people, help rebuild wartorn nations, etc. For situation like Rwanda, the UN only seems capable of condemning and telling the bad guys "learn to play nice next time".

I think "Team America: World Police" summed it up well with the Hans Blix part...
Blix: Let me inspect your palace or else!
Kim Jong-il: Or else what?
Blix: Or... we will write you a very angry letter telling you how angry we are.

lol

Back