UN Security Council Expansion- Your Vote

Should the current UN Security Council be expanded to include the G4?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Can't Decide

• Total voters
Have the UN more amenable to "flexing their muscles". Imposing sanctions is (as was stated) terrible but not a real bad thing. Personally I think they should just disband and form a different council.

I mean really, what exactly has the UN done to help, other than impose a sanction here and there, and send in some peacekeeping troops? I am in all seriousness here. I have no idea so please educate me.

As for having more nations on the council, I will withhold my vote since I am pretty ignorant about world politics.

we got to watch out for the balance of power in the security council.

Big powers do not generally use their veto power unless the situation is desperate (veto is not a popular action). More of the time they rely on the support of the majority of the members in the council.

If we suddenly put in a bunch of new members, it may dramatically change the face of international politics, like U.S will be more powerful with another secured vote, or China and Russia will have more saying with the help maybe from INdia or Brazil.

Than some big powers will not be happy and since their participations are crucial, UN may be less functional.

Back