Ukrainain Navy/ Marines 1917-21

stymptyshschyn

Hi there,

I am slowly collecting pre-communist Polish and Ukrainian (pre-1990) militaria. There is a startling lack of information on Ukrainian stuff of this period. There is some on the myriad of armies, but nothing I can find on the navy/ marines/ air forces.

I have recently obtained a belt buckle of brass (not alloy), which is very worn. It has a tryzub and anchor, and a name and number scratched into the back. I suspect it is of the civill war period, but it MAY be of the 1941-45 period. It is of the Imperial Russian/ Soviet style of buckle (ie size, material/ shape) until the soviets switched to alloys.

Does anyone know of histories, pictures, collectors, historians, books, etc that may be of help?

Any info is appreciated.

Hi there,

I am slowly collecting pre-communist Polish and Ukrainian (pre-1990) militaria. There is a startling lack of information on Ukrainian stuff of this period. There is some on the myriad of armies, but nothing I can find on the navy/ marines/ air forces.

I have recently obtained a belt buckle of brass (not alloy), which is very worn. It has a tryzub and anchor, and a name and number scratched into the back. I suspect it is of the civill war period, but it MAY be of the 1941-45 period. It is of the Imperial Russian/ Soviet style of buckle (ie size, material/ shape) until the soviets switched to alloys.

Does anyone know of histories, pictures, collectors, historians, books, etc that may be of help?

Any info is appreciated.
Interesting thread i amy be going to Eastern Europe this summer and will see what i can do !

Back