UK vs USA

--
Boots

March 3rd, 2004  
babaloo

Topic: UK vs USA

Could the Uk defenf itself against the USA in a conventional war? How close do you think it would be? Bear in mind that Eurapen countries are unlikely to give their bases over to US forces for such an operation.
March 4th, 2004  
Popeye

Nothing against the UK or anything, hahaha they are brave - well done in WWII... but we would without a question win, but lose some battles. We did it in Revolution and we will do it once again!!

But everyone has their own opinion, and I hope it stays that way and we never have to find an answer because the UK are our best supporters right now and it should stay that way.
March 4th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

If you are suggesting no one would support us or them then in all reality we could take on any nation and crush them. I would only foresee some trouble with China as they are the next most powerful country. The US is the only superpower in the world and has been since the collapse of the Soviet Union. No one can take on a superpower and survive by themselves. The bigger question is when the European Union becomes militarized and functioning more like a country itself would we be able to take on them? That's a tough question.
--
Boots
March 4th, 2004  
Popeye

Agreed, I posted my response as thinking it was just one on one.... the USA vs. UK.
March 4th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

I agree, Britain wouldn't be able to stand up to us. WWII all but end multiple superpowers.
March 4th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Lets not forget the Limeys held there own for a couple years in WW2, without them we'd all be speaking German. That being said I dont think the people in Europe are as couragous as their grandfathers (Not everyone, but its true in America too, people just dont have the will to fight for what they belive in anymore.)
March 4th, 2004  
Popeye

I completely agree with the guy on the right... Almost everyone volunteered for WWII because they felt they owed it to their country, and it was 'the right thing to do'. Now, for instance the Iraqi war, and others we just get a load of protestors, who no they won't change a thing. They know they arent going to get them taken out of Iraq so they should support the troops if they care that much about them, not whine about Bush and the war.

Also, 50 years ago the standards and decency was a lot different then from today's.

But again I have to agree with you... and that is why they call WWII "the last great war" because it truly was. It was a sense of patroitism gathering together to put down the uprisings of the forces of evil at that time. Even the support back at the states did their best to support... and when are country is at war and young kids are dying know one puts it into that perspective anymore, they just turn it in to politics.

Good thoughts my guy on the right. Lol, you've got me thinking too!

Just realized you live in MD too, nice!
March 4th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Question- Who are the Limeys?

If they are the UK I say of course we would not have been successful in the war without them, and they were one or the biggest casualties of WWII (along with Germany and Japan).

If the Limeys are not the UK -- then I feel dumb
March 4th, 2004  
Popeye

Limeys do equal UK lol your not dumb.
March 4th, 2004  
Darkmb101

USA have the capablities to defeat any single country in the world.

There are alot of protesters about the Iraqi war because many people do not understand the conflict going on. Everyone knows something had to be done about the 9/11 incedent, but the question is against who?
People failed to realize that Sadaam had a direct connections to the terrorists. Stopping Sadaam not only saves the Iraqi people, but helps put a stop to terrorism.