UK vs USA - Page 3

--
Boots

March 5th, 2004  
Redneck

Sorry to be a spoilsport here, but I really don't see the point of all this, it's like starting that Army/Marine/Navy branch war all over again on an international level.

Just remember to keep it civil, ok?
March 5th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

The Israeli soldiers would have better moral support for their troops. The Americans, Canadians and Europeans would have very little support for their troops. I'm glad WW2 was fought when it was because if it were fought now then every one would be pissed off and I would imagine many countries during such a war would likely nearly go into a civil war before the end of said war. THis is going to sound messed up, but I almost bet that if all the pacifists or people that try to avoid war at nearly all costs, were exterminated, then the world would be in more peace because we spend a couple of decades getting the fighting out of the way and then all the mischevous people would be dead and eveyone would live happily ever after for a century or more before probably needing it again.
March 5th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Ok

GuyontheRight-
Yes thats true. Obvcours, the USA and UK did about the same for the last 50 years. I mean, the Communists you fought werent much better soldiers then the arabs. Also, while Israel was fighting against poorly trained forces, there were so many of them.....
--
Boots
March 5th, 2004  
Chris

No one had mentioned the industrial power we posses. As of right now, I think that in an all out total war, the US would crush anyone within a reasonable time frame if we were all called to go rivet ships together or put Caddy engines in tanks. (I know that's not the case anymore, but take it as e.g.)

EXCEPT China. Their economy will pass us in just a few years, making them the largest economic power on earth. However, they are a Communist state, meaning the people automatically become capital of the state.

Wonder why Communist states do not allow their "citizens" to leave? Because the whole Communist system is based on the people. If they do not work, the system falls apart and rots from the inside. This is why the USSR, Cuba, China...all keep their people behind walls with machine guns.

I think that a blockade of China would be useless. To defeat them in a war, it would be smarter to prevent those people, which ARE pure human capital from working. That is the most basic ground level of Communism.
March 5th, 2004  
babaloo

Topic: UK vs USA

I agree the odds would be very much against the Uk and I am not suggesting that the UK could go after the US mainlnd or anything.

However the US navy's air force is similar in size to the Royal Air Force and the Royal Air Force is generaly seen as having the best pilots in the world. The Uk also has just as an advanced hunter killer sub fleet as the US.

I would say a defence would be possible, just kill the carriers, and the US would need to use them all in order to have a chance!!!
March 5th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Yes

Firstly, the UK airforce isent nearly as big as the USAF... The USAF and USN aircraft are superior. But if the brits take out some of the carriers...its a whole diffrent game...
March 5th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

That's the problem though no one can take out our carriers any more without a ridiculous amount of resistence because we had to learn the hard way from WW2. I bet our carriers are smart enough to know that missiles equipped with EMP bombs would take care of enemy squadrons faster than anything.
March 5th, 2004  
Mark Conley

Sorry - I just have to stick my two cents in...

In such a scenario, i would predict that the UK and not the US would be the victor in such a scenario. Why?

1. We dont have the home town advantage.

2. The brits have a tendency to get alwful mad when someone attempts to invade them...all of them.

3. Ever tried to land navigate across the british country side?

4. I dont think the rest of the european nations would give us a place to jump off at to invade UK. that means starting everything from US...and dragging it to UK.

5. What have they got that we'd want anyway...a better serving of fish and chips?

Seriously...despite the US might there will always be an England
March 5th, 2004  
Popeye

I think it would come down to the soldiers...

and we all know the U.S. - who hasn't played cowboys and indians when they were younger?
March 5th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Sure sure

Yes but have you seen a UK soccer game...Closest thing to a battle field...And im talking about the spectaters....