Boots

March 4th, 2004  
TheSunsetSniper

America is elite. We would win.
March 4th, 2004  
hightech redneck

that was very well stated mr sniperman

and do yall know why?

well first off even if our military suddenly disappeared or were eaten by aliens or whatnot there would still be the farmers

the farmer is the man who goes out in the mornin and gets bored and shoots at birds

he is (one of) the most untrained of all americans but he is the most knowledgable

when he is in the presence of an englishman we emidiatly go for our trusty shotgun (no offence)

and we will fight for not only us but the people next door even if they own 40 cats and their wife tried to bite us

and second off shotguns really kick ace

GO ARMY
March 4th, 2004  
dragon_master_gunner

To be painfully realistic, the US would pretty much roll over anyone, to include the UK. It would never happen, but the painful truth is that terrain is against them. A naval blockade of the "island", with a few aircraft carrier groups, would pretty much shut them down. Ground forces would probably not even get involved until very late in the battle. Once they invaded, the Navy and Air Force would have whittled resistance down to practically nothing. Sorry, just my opinion. (I know, I know, the Germans basically tried the same thing... they just didn't have the patience or the B2 bombers we have now).

The point was brought up about China. While China DOES have a very large Army, it's largely composed of conscripts. Once again, ground combat would be an afterthought. The air force and navy would bomb them back into the stone age.
--
Boots
March 4th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_master_gunner
The air force and navy would bomb them back into the stone age.
They're already in the stone age, master_gunner.
March 4th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Lets get somthing strait though, in a pefect situation the USA could topplke anyone, but who are we to be armchair generals? War is not predictable, especially in todays day and age. Let us not forget internal factors along with a war in today modern age. Our country, divided as it is, would certainly not make it through a conflict on the magnitude we are talking about.
March 4th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Just to agrevate my american friends.

Well, the USA would probably be able to beat any country in TOTAL war. But the thing is, that the casualties the US will take against a modern army would be horrible. And some elements in the USA arnt ready for that. This reminds me very much of the Old Israel Vs. USA question we kik around once in a while... The thing is with you Americans...So many of you. And most of you are good soldiers. Not like poor Arabs. Still youd take harsh casualties against modern armys. Im sure Israel Vs.Britain is a better match up...Wed win!
March 4th, 2004  
Popeye

Hmmm Israel vs. UK - One on One.... ahh very close very close indeed - I don't know
March 4th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Last

This is highly

But oh well....Last time there was any military conflict between Israel and UK, was 1948. A few british fighters were straifing Israeli forces. Israeli fighters were launced and shot 5 brits down.

Today I think it's alot about the homecourt...
March 4th, 2004  
Popeye

Agreed... but homecourt is better for Israel's then for the UK, because the UK is the island a.k.a. deathtrap
March 5th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

With all dou respect Sherman, you guys have been beating Arabs for 50 years, thats the quintessential military ineffectivness have you. The answer to this, and the US vs UK question is simply who runs the better campaign. We have the same weapons, so it comes down to the employment of them and your personel.