UK: Mayor tells regiment rifles "too violent" for day of remembrance

I'll just say a sentence. Beach is an idiot.

What's next? The surivive knives are too violence for her, too?

"

Right. First - why do you accuse those who apply to join New Zealand from Britain of screwing up their own country? Your prejudices showing again! A disgusting and intolerant view of immigrants. Just as I suggested. Welcome to New Zealand - Er,no - not if you are fat - not if you are British - not if you you come from anywhere 'screwed up' - not if you might get ill - not if you are in need- not if you come from a country in need. Nice useful kind of long-term tourists can apply. (No religious preferred.) There you go, the MontyB tolerance show.

I see you have conveniently circumvented my quote on 'Fatism'; but then you would, just as you have declined to comment on my references to tolerance , regarding ailments bringing rejection of applications to New Zealand. Your country, as i suggested, certainly is concerned regarding fatness, which can make applicants rejects; your country and yourself are at odds on this point, it seems.

Furthermore, surely it is obvious that I am indeed staying here to help my countrymen and am therefore in no need whatsoever of your idiotic 'advice'.

What on earth gave you the ludicrous idea that I was angry, in any way, on any aspect of my posts on this thread - do you not recognise the 'happy' icon or does ignoring it suit your case? Try to think of me as, say, The Laughing Cavalier. Yes, that's it.

As far as not wanting me - you have delusions of grandeur, speaking for your country with your royal 'we'. Sorry, I failed to realise that you are now Foreign Secretary - or perhaps you were you referring to you and your cat.
In fact your claim is obviously complete rubbish because I NEVER did apply and therefore the outcome will remain unknown (good fact there) ; I am sure that New Zealand would have been delighted to have me, but never mind, your loss has been England's gain. So you are wrong , in that you and I do not have a match; but you are absolutely right in saying that I NEVER wanted to apply; like Julius Caesar, I came, I saw, I went home.

Well, for you, 1 out of 2 ain't bad, I guess.

(Regarding your 'returning to the topic'; I am trying to get a translation from somewhere; if ever I succeed, I will attempt to respond.)

N.B. I am still smiling. ..........still smiling .....st...

oh for christ sake, my never comment was a joke.

a stock standard, aussie bashing joke...as is our way and custom

stop trying to turn it into a bigger issue than was meant, back to your corners gentlemen

Inferno - I also took it as a joke. And as it happened, it coincided with a NZ Fatism report I had been amused with and posted on another thread, so I put together what I thought was a light hearted gentle poke at you guys. For some reason I didn't manage to get the happy emoticon on the first post. You already know I am not good with these new fangled inventions. But I got a shock with Monty's response and so, although I gave a robust response, I made sure to get the emoticon into action. And even if you check my last post, you will be able to spot my rather amused injections - quite deliberate. Take another read - there are lots of clues. I must stop rolling those hand-grenades.

Inferno - really, I was pulling your leg, to tell the truth. Thanks for intervening, I had hoped that was the case. To all the other guys on this thread, I have been enjoying your posts, thanks.

Last edited:
Yeah - I'll buy that ! I'm still waiting for the scanned photo of 1950 NZ to show, and I really did enjoy fishing for sharks with the Maoris off my ship off Gisborne. In some ports I worked in the holds unloading when the Kiwis always went home early on Friday afternoons. Kiwis paid! And all over NZ they made me very welcome - called me Snow. So there you go - bloody pom -that's me OK.

Last edited:
I had an Aussie friend who was a waitress who always complained about the Pommie tourists who kept trying to grab her ass.
"Disgusting, slobbery, filthy" were her exact words I think! Then again she was Spanish Australian.
But don't you guys just love each other?

Of course we do! Great ain't it! When we meet each other in sport it's to the death mate. No holds barred - no quarter given. After- it's all round to the pub!

By the way- I never actually got to Aus, so it wasn't me! And i am not sure if tourists count in this great plan, and I think the missing word you were looking for is "drunk". My young brother, on the other hand, spent 4 years back and forth from Japan to Newcastle (Aus), able-seaman on Norwegian line. But he was Steve McQueen in the raw, so he didn't need to grab bits!

Last edited:
Right.. you can go to Australia and tell the immigration officer you intend to enlist in the Australian military? Yeah right.

Yes you can. I know 4 people who have done that personally. 2 Poms, a Fijian and a Papua New Guinean.

You become a permenant resident in order to join the military, then once you have served for 1 year on average you become a citizen. It is usually an option only open to members of the Commonwealth... just as with joining the Brits.

- Obviously you don't just turn up in customs saying "which way is army recruiting", you need to already have it organised... further more, you probably best have some military experience already (there is that something to offer kicker), as any old slob off the street is worth two thirds of f**k all to Australia.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know you can do that if you're commonwealth. But not if you're a complete foreigner.
I'm not entirely familiar but it seemed (from a lengthy conversation with a South African guy in England) that you have rights similar to citizens except you can't vote.

Yeah, I know you can do that if you're commonwealth. But not if you're a complete foreigner.
I'm not entirely familiar but it seemed (from a lengthy conversation with a South African guy in England) that you have rights similar to citizens except you can't vote.

That is permenant residency, and on average you are a permenant resident for 2 years before you are offered citizenship. You can't vote unless you are a citizen... but you can serve in the armed forces.

And permenant residency is open to anybody who has something to offer basically. Country of origin doesn't matter. But it helps speed things up a lot if you are from the Commonwealth.

At least Australia seems to have proper attitudes and agendas. We have become a complete dust-bin for users, without the political will to get a grip of the situation. We do feel betrayed by the labour government of the past 10 years. Blair has now been listed as the worst premier ever, certainly since Lord North, the alleged nincompoop who lost America for us!

Back