UK Girly!

Cathy

Hi, im Cathy (bet u never guessed that!). i live in England, and i want to join either the RAF or the Royal Navy as a pilot or possibly training officer. I was in the air cadets for 2 years in York, but then my dad decided to rejoin the navy, so we moved to portsmouth. im currently doin A levels in physics, chemistry, biology and maths. for those that dont know, A levels are the exams you take over a period of 2 years (usually) between 16 and 18 years old. they are what universities first look at when you apply.

the main thing about me is i'm mad about helicopters! (we're not that far from a chinook base at school) dont ask me why, i just am! i also play flute and ride horses. (im really not that posh by the way!)

Welcome to the Forums, Cathy. Good luck with either the RAF or the RN, whichever you decide to join.

Welcome!

About to do my A levels coming September. All three sciences and maths at once? I don't even dare... Taking English, Maths, History and French. Maths any good? :)

Welcome and good luck, especially with the helicopter training. The trainers are so much more advanced now that almost anyone can learn.
When I was in the service, they sat you in the seat next to an instructor and you either learned or washed out immediately.

behemoth79 said:
Are the A levels like the SAT in America?

:eek:fftopic: Not entirely, even if you take A levels you still have to do SAT if you want and application into a university in the US. I'm not too sure about US -> UK but I believe they look at whatever grades your school gives you during your final years at high school.

Back