UH-60 pounds ground in show of force.

RnderSafe said:
GAU-8 30mm (Minigun)

Actually it's a M134 Minigun (7.62mm), the guns mounted on a UH-60 pod. The GAU-8/A known as a minigun, it's called the Avenger.

I think the ground based fire is a mounted M2 with an IR Light traget beam.

Last edited:
That's the MH variant, not the UH variant. In this particular video it is firing the 30mm as well.

Ain't she beautiful? :mrgreen:

Other than that, as far as I know (and I'll double check and report back if something has changed) everything else is OPSEC.

Last edited:
PJ24 said:
That's the MH variant, not the UH variant. In this particular video it is firing the 30mm as well.

Ain't she beautiful? :mrgreen:

Other than that, as far as I know (and I'll double check and report back if something has changed) everything else is OPSEC.

You mean it's firing a 30mm Chain Gun, the GAU-8/A is to large to fit on a helo. Besides the M230 is only fitted to the AH64.

Cadet Seaman said:
You mean it's firing a 30mm Chain Gun, the GAU-8/A is to large to fit on a helo. Besides the M230 is only fitted to the AH64.

[smartass]

Where do I say it is the GAU-8/A? I don't! I meant exactly what I said, that it is firing the 30mm. I think you're missing the joke about the GAU8. ;-)

I know that it like, breaks pattern for one of us silly little military folk to pretend we know a little something about the equpitment, weapons systems, etc we use on this forum, but I'm going to have to tell you that the M230 isn't just on the AH64. It can also be found on some of these nifty little MH variants of the blackhawk.

[/smartass]

Last edited:
Back