UGH! I'm sick right now! *sad face*

... That's basically how I discovered this website! I'm home sick right now, and I've always been very supportive of our U.S. military, so I looked up "military stories" and this is what came up! I'm a woman, and I decided to specify that because you cannot tell by my username (which stands for "Future Harvard Medical School Graduate"). That's right! If all goes as planned, I'll be graduating from Harvard in just a few more years. I plan on working at a V.A. hospital because having the frequent illnesses that I do (and asthma), I would be unable to serve as a doctor in the military. If you'd like to ask me anything, feel free to do so! :D

On a side note, I'd like to take this opportunity to give a big THANK YOU to all members of the military, both past and present, for everything you've done for this country. It's brave souls like you that give me the freedom to even be on my computer right now. Please know that you are appreciated more than words can tell!

Also, if anyone knows what "Milbucks" are, I'd like to know, seeing that it says I get "free" ones (???). Thanks!

**HAHA, I forgot to add that I've been on the Atkins Diet for about 6 months now, and I've managed to go from a 'voluptuous' size 6, to a 'still curvy' size 2! I know that was absolutely random, but I figured that I'd let everyone know adhead of time, because I'll probably end up talking about it sooner or later (and how much I hate being on the diet as well). LOL

Welcome, Future! This is a fun place to visit.

Milbucks are earned through activitiy in the forums: posts, replys, voting, etc. You can spend them at the MilForum PX to buy things like signature rights, avatar rights, etc.

Welcome aboard Future Graduate! It is great to have you here. I hope you'll be writing a lot and I agree with what you said about the military making it possible for us to sit here and be on our computer now.
Great job you've done with your loss of weight. Excellent.
Whenever you feel like mentioning that, feel free to do so. Uhm I'm the Italian Guy, not hard to recognize me: I'm the only one member from my country. 8)

Welcome Dr (to be) I think you'll find this stimulating, exciting, amusing, sad, happy, informative, and many more adjectives that I can't think of right now. ;)

Thanks for being so welcoming everyone! It's making me feel better even though I'm sick. :sick: What exactly do you do on these message boards though? It's great to read all the stories, and watch the videos, as I've already found out! So how long has everyone been here? Are many of the people here still in the military, or are many retired?

Oh, this is just kind of random, but I have extensive HTML knowledge, but it says that my HTML is off! :( Does anyone know how to turn it on?

Yay! I just thought of a fun question: Does anyone speak any languages besides English? I speak Spanish, French, and Italian (although not perfectly).

Everyone should probably expect that I'll be one of those people that's just always hanging around here and like asking questions that make everyone laugh because that's kind of what I'm like even in person. haha Is this too serious of a website to do that, or does everyone enjoy a little humor now and then? I don't want to disrespect anyone if military personel would get upset by that. :D

P.S. I LOVE all the little military related emoticons!... But what is this one??? (lol) -----> :spam:

Je parle un peu de francais.

There are a pretty good amount of current military. A few that were in, and a lot of people that are planning on being in the military.

It's a good place to hang out and B&S. Answer questions. tell stories and jokes.

Congratulations on Med School. That's absolutely amazing! I had a rough time in a state college let alone med school.

Welcome and can't wait to see what you have to post.

--Congrats on the Atkins Diet. I couldn't do it. I like bread too much. Hell I like food to much period. Size 6 isnt that big.. but size 2... there's not much below that.

FutureHMSGrad said:
Yay! I just thought of a fun question: Does anyone speak any languages besides English? I speak Spanish, French, and Italian (although not perfectly).

When you open the forums page, take a look at the row of flags at the very bottom: That's all the countries we get members from, so a lot of languages of course (although English is only allowed here). And hey how come do you know some Italian?

What state college did you go to? Like what was your major? That's still cool, and no matter what college you go to, it's a lot of work. I think that people underestimate how tough schools are, just because they're not private schools.

"I like bread too much. Hell I like food to much period."

HAHA! Me too! I'm going to try to find a picture of me BEFORE I lost the weight, and then after, so you can see the difference. I know that a size 6 isn't big (I think that about an 8 is average), but I'm pretty petite at only 5'3", so a 2 or even a 0 suits me. I carry my weight in the "hourglass" places, if you know what I mean, so even when I lose weight, I still retain those "curves". LOL

This morning I splurged and ate cereal, but I figured that it was okay because I've been doing under 20 carbs for 6 months, and I'm sick, so I haven't eaten much of anything in a few days. :confused:

There's one last question that I had about quoting someone. I belong to a site called www.IMDb.com (it's for discussing movies), and when I quote someone, "I do it like this". Is that against the rules on this site, because I noticed that there's a little QUOTE button on everyone's messages. :?: Thanks once again for being so patient with my numerous questions everyone.

Italian Guy said:
No, it's not against the rules, it's just a feature that we have and it's very useful. You should try. Cool feature.
Yeah, I guess that is cool! Hey, something really wierd happened. I played tons of the "Arcade" games yesterday, but ever since I got a bank account here at military-quotes, it says that I "don't have enough". It doesn't specify what I don't have enough of, just that I "don't have enough". Then, I withdrew my little Milbuck from it, and it let me play again! Wierd, huh? It's only letting me play certain ones though. Does that ever happen to you?

Hi,

FutureHMSGrad said:
Hey, something really wierd happened. I played tons of the "Arcade" games yesterday, but ever since I got a bank account here at military-quotes, it says that I "don't have enough". It doesn't specify what I don't have enough of, just that I "don't have enough". Then, I withdrew my little Milbuck from it, and it let me play again! Wierd, huh? It's only letting me play certain ones though. Does that ever happen to you?

Every Game costs you some mil-Bucks ........ you must have deposited all your Mil Bucks in the Bank account ........ or used all of them playing the games :D ....... You have to Widrew the mil bucks from the bank or earn more to play .

I am pretty Sure you would not see that message again .......... :D

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Thank you sweetie! That was so awesome of you to give me Milbucks!!! You can have them back if you'd like because I feel awful taking them from you!!! How do you get more? And what do you spend them on? lol Besides games, can't you buy like signatures and stuff like that? You're so nice! Do you have like a picture online or something that I can see you??? I have one on photobucket, but I'll PM it to you if you have one too because I don't want to post it where it might get into the wrong hands (I've had problems with stalkers online before, and it wasn't good).

FutureHMSGrad said:
Thank you sweetie!

:shock:

That was so awesome of you to give me Milbucks!!! You can have them back if you'd like because I feel awful taking them from you!!!

emm naa i have no use of them now ....... i have bought almost everything i needed .

How do you get more?

Every post you make Earns you more MIlbucks .

And what do you spend them on? lol Besides games, can't you buy like signatures and stuff like that?

Exactly ...... Buy them from MilForum PX ...

You're so nice! Do you have like a picture online or something that I can see you???
I have one on photobucket, but I'll PM it to you if you have one too because I don't want to post it where it might get into the wrong hands (I've had problems with stalkers online before, and it wasn't good).

Hold on righ there ........... umm what do you think this is dating service :lol: ;) .. Kidding

Peace
-=SF_13=-

HAHAHAHA! That was funny. I've noticed that I'm earing 5 points each time I type something. So now say I saw someone else who was like "I need 50 more points to buy a [something]", I could donate to them? Is that how it works? That's cool.

HAHA @ the dating service part! I have a boyfriend, but was just curious of what you look like. I'm also sick (and on tons of cold medicine...lol), so I'm just bored and looking to talk to new people online. :D

Yes I am, Italian, thank you very much! This is a lot more fun than I originally thought! Do you know of any really fun arcade games to play on here? A lot of them I've never really heard of before, but I found a game humorously entitled "Slap The Monkey" to be really amusing! haha

Back