UAVs

eTe

Saw a bit of a TV show on a couple nights ago.
It was about the UAVs in use in the middle east, and how effective they are becoming.
It was about the pilots that flew them from a base in Nevada, in shifts.

The technology in them, picking up the heat from a recently fired rifle being carried by militants who just ambushed a patrol, and using that to fire a missile accurately all the whole being 2 miles high in the sky (from memory.
Pretty amazing.
They reckoned in the future all the planes will be pilotless.

Nah, I don't think so...

I mean, we've seen the War to end all wars, the weapon to end all wars, and now the UAV will end all wars?

Only untill some other alternative comes up, countermeassures are found, or the number of collateral damage get's too high.

Hopefully. Would have loved to be a pilot. And I can't imagine most of the pilots wanting to give up real cockpits.

I really don't see UAV's taking over from manned aircraft.

If you want to be a pilot, go for it mate and good luck to you.

A buddy of my son who has a pilots licence who offered to teach my son to fly, my son declined. At times I feel like hitting him over the head with the biggest hammer I can find

Last edited:
A buddy of my son who has a pilots licence who offered to teach my son to fly, my son declined. At times I feel like hitting him over the head with the biggest hammer I can find
Oh wow why would he do that... I'd do dark things for that opportunity.
But nah I wanted to be a jet pilot back in high school. Wasn't motivated enough to get the grades.
Today, I think I've said it before but I'm training for something else, hoping to be ready in a bit over a years time.

Oh wow why would he do that... I'd do dark things for that opportunity.

My son reckoned he wasn't interested in civilian aircraft. I wish I had that opportunity when I was his age, I'd have jumped at the chance even flying civi aircraft.

But nah I wanted to be a jet pilot back in high school. Wasn't motivated enough to get the grades.

Its a pity you didn't get the grades. I was talking to an ex RAF pilot who did 22 years and then another 18 years flying for the South African Air Force. He started off as a RAF Master Pilot (Warrant Officer) flying Mk 18 Spitfires, got his commission then onto jets. He said and I quote, "Flying was never a job, it was a fantastic paid hobby."

Today, I think I've said it before but I'm training for something else, hoping to be ready in a bit over a years time.

Whatever your going for, good luck. Train and train hard, the rewards will make all the pain worthwhile.

Last edited:
"The technology in them, picking up the heat from a recently fired rifle being carried by militants who just ambushed a patrol, and using that to fire a missile accurately all the whole being 2 miles high in the sky (from memory.) "

Now what I am waiting for is kinetic projectiles the size of a telphone pole to be launched from orbit to extremely hardened targets...

Like for say illegal nuclear facilities.

Project Zeus or something isn't it?
I read about that. Looks pretty interesting.

Tunisia is the first Arab country to develop this industry in 1997, in 2003 it was joined by the United Arab Emirates. UAVs are construction and design of Tunisia, they are produced by the company "Tunisia Aero Technologies (TAT). Oct. 1997: Flight of the first Tunisian drone "TAT Aoussou", it served primarily target air (aeral target) to anti-aircraft units. It has been designed and built in eight months. August 1998: First flight of the prototype "TAT Nasnas" (or anasnas). It has been designed and built in six months.

1. Short Range UAV Demonstrator Nasnas
Dimensions
Length 2.8m
Height 1.3m
Wingspan 3.80m
Diameter Not Available
Weight 43 kg
Launch conventional wheeled or catapult
Recovery conventional wheeled or parachute
Performance
Speed 70kt
Autonomy > 14hr
Ceiling 5.000m
Mission Radius Not Available
Datalinks
Datalink: Not Available
Guidance:telemetry command via autopilot and GPS (production version)
System: Not Available
Fuel: Not Available
Payloads
FLIR or TV camera. scientific instrumentation
25 kg
Nansasmk1.jpg

NASNAS MK-1
  • TAT Super Nasnas
It has evolved subsequently to give birth to a new version of the Super Nasnas "stronger and more polished.

Characteristic of Super Nasnas
scale 6m90
area of 3.80 m2 wing
length 4m70
height 1.30m
weight, 158 kg unladen, maximum takeoff weight 270 kg
payload of 55 kg
cruising speed 170 km / h
altitude of 5,200 m.
16h autonomy flight

Now, Iran produced different versions of UAVs.In the mid of Iraq war against Iran and in tough sanctions against Iran,Iranian started to produce UAV . Now,They can even down RQ-170 which is a famous reconnaissance drone and even the most modern kind of it in the world .I think Iranians are near U.S technology to produce UAV

Last edited:
Now, Iran produced different versions of UAVs.In the mid of Iraq war against Iran and in tough sanctions against Iran,Iranian started to produce UAV . Now,They can even down RQ-170 which is a famous reconnaissance drone and even the most modern kind of it in the world .I think Iranians are near U.S technology to produce UAV

So how did you "down" this RQ-170? It didn't appear to have a scratch on it.
Or was it a mock-up?

you are kidding right??

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Iran losers country

Or was it a mock-up?

We'll have to wait some time before we know what really happened. What I found strange was the big welds on the UAV wings, not something stealthy, is it?

Or was it a mock-up?

That's right!!! we did not down it like you!!! you can guess about it more and more!! But,the reality is that WE have it now and as you told ,we have it even without a scratch!!! It means we have enough Cyber knowledege to capture it or we have a good relationship with U.S!! then think more and more

Back