U.S. Zeroing In on Bin-Laden

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

WASHINGTON – CNN is reporting that U.S. forces will soon implement high tech surveillance tactics along the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan as part of the ongoing effort to track down Osama bin Laden.

The new equipment will make it easier to monitor the remote mountainous region 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It's hoped the constant surveillance will put pressure on bin Laden to move around -- creating the chance to find him.

Military leaders told CNN they are putting the pieces in place to "throw the net over him." Within the next few days -- U-2 spy planes, unmanned drones equipped with cameras, and ground sensors will be in place. Data will be sent via satellites to intelligence experts.

However, Afghanistan's foreign minister sought Friday to play down the report.

1) Hes in Iran, central Pakistan, or some other radical Islamic state so It honestly doesn't matter.

2) I doubt this is the first of these "surveillance tactics", the US Army's ISA has been monitering this guy night and day for years now. The problem is he doesn't use electronics often. What we need is good HUMNIT.

GuyontheRight said:
1) Hes in Iran, central Pakistan, or some other radical Islamic state so It honestly doesn't matter.

2) I doubt this is the first of these "surveillance tactics", the US Army's ISA has been monitering this guy night and day for years now. The problem is he doesn't use electronics often. What we need is good HUMNIT.

I dobut he is in Iran tbh, as Shias and Sunni dont mix well...

You have to remember, that in early 2001, Iran was one step away from invading Afganistan, there is little love between them.

I would pin my hopes on Pakistan, looks like finally they have gotten the message and started looking for him. If you ask me the US should cut ties with them asap, and join forces with India.

Not an option with the politcal instability in Pakistan, the last thing we need is Mussaref getting killed or removed and a bunch of Jihadists running around with nukes...

If you ask me, this is going to be resolved in one of two ways:

1) bin Laden dies (heroin overdose, his rumored poor health, what have you) before we can track him down.

2) A member of his own camp will get a sweet-tooth for all that money being offered for bin Laden's head and will rub him out for us. Or they will, once they sense we are closing in, take him out to save their own hides.

I honestly doubt number 2 will work. Maybe with Saddam, but bin Ladens men would see it as a sin if they gave him up, and Muslim zealots like that would much rather die then do that...

Well he is also hooked up with drug traffickers, so I would seriously not be a bit surprised if someone turned on him.

I wouldn't be suprised if he's locked up tight in an aircraft carrier somewhere. Soon as we get closer to Election Day, SUPRISE! Look around late August-Early September. Mark my words.

Hey, if it gets President Bush re-elected, I really could care less if they're holding out. Whatever it takes. We need to keep Dubya in office.

Ahhhh... your opinion of him would go down only IF YOU KNEW that Dubya was keeping him locked up in an aircraft carrier. If you DIDN'T know, and they "find" him in Pakistan or Afghanistan (To make it at least look like we haven't been wasting our time...) then of course, your opinion wouldn't decline, would it?

Either way, Dubya's got my vote.

If they actually did find Bin Laden and weren't just holding on to him to flash around to get Bush reelected then i wouldn't mind, but its dirty politics to sit on Bin Laden just for the sake of flashing him like a trophy to get Bush rehired. Bush is above playing dirty so I hope he doesn't stoop to it.

Back