U.S. would commit huge force to thwart N. Korean offensive

Thanks,

but to clarify my position, I don't believe North Korea would make a stupid move in an attempt to "unite" the 2 Koreas. And if they did, there's no doubt a "regime change" would occur in Pyongang shortly after.

The invasion of the South that occured in the 50s was a different scenario, the North had some chance for victory due to Soviet backing and at that time, somewhat decent technology until the US got involved to stop communism.

If the N. Korea invaded south again, it would be stopped pretty fast by the US' domination of the skies, waters, and land. It would be suicide.

I'm not for war, I'm also not for economic sanctions and intimidation. I think every country has the responsibility to be able to defend its people, I also believe the gov't in each country should feed its people too, something I hope N. Korea can do now that they're a nuclear power and can assure defense of their nation, hopefully they'll become less paranoid now and hopefully the US will just gradually accept that.

Jim Goose said:
Thanks,

but to clarify my position, I don't believe North Korea would make a stupid move in an attempt to "unite" the 2 Koreas. And if they did, there's no doubt a "regime change" would occur in Pyongang shortly after.

The invasion of the South that occured in the 50s was a different scenario, the North had some chance for victory due to Soviet backing and at that time, somewhat decent technology until the US got involved to stop communism.

If the N. Korea invaded south again, it would be stopped pretty fast by the US' domination of the skies, waters, and land. It would be suicide.

I'm not for war, I'm also not for economic sanctions and intimidation. I think every country has the responsibility to be able to defend its people, I also believe the gov't in each country should feed its people too, something I hope N. Korea can do now that they're a nuclear power and can assure defense of their nation, hopefully they'll become less paranoid now and hopefully the US will just gradually accept that.

Only time will tell... oh yeah, I guess one thing Americans can be thankful for is that N. Korea is not a muslim country :p Then it'd be interesting...

You look at the world with a childs optimism and ignorance.

nukes are meant as an offensive weapon, but in the nature of politics it is used as a threat towards peace

thats why china produced nuclear weapons during 62', when the americans threatened nukes and soviet union too

since then the nuclear threats had dimished

i think nk is doing the same thing, so with out the constant threat of american invasion they can concentrate on economy ( ok, i know thats kinda contridicted since they had 50 years to do so)

Big_Z said:
gingerbeard said:
AA said:
us entering the war, yes, possiblily the united kingdom as well, but the rest of europe, NO.

i dont think the rest of europe gives a dam about korea nowadays, this will be similar to teh politcal stance, diplomatics of situation in iraq

the big mystery is if chinas willing to sent troops or not

i think europe nowadays would want better relationship with china because they see china is a great opputunity for business. and europe know in the future would be us and china.

in fact, it seems europe (except uk) favour china more than us, lifting the embargo, veto on us actions, and not taking "orders" from the us anymore in restricting relationship with china.

Lifting an embargo doesent mean they favor China more..... They simply see China as a tool to make them more money, nothing else.

well it does, there willl be more competition therefore russia will lower the prices of their's. alos france have always sold advance weapons to other countries like argentina. of course they are trying to make money but this process will benefit china itself.

yup, americans are too warlike, well, thats kinda stereotypical cuz most americans i know arent that military-oriented

canadians view the world differently eh?

Mr. gingerbeard said:
i think europe nowadays would want better relationship with china because they see china is a great opputunity for business.

Not merely business. The Europe has great philosopher, especially in France and Germany, such as Jurgen Habermas, Jacques Derrida. EU and China have deep relationship of mind also. If people knew what Habermas and Derrida were arguing on, people may understand the relationship from another side.

AA said:
yup, americans are too warlike, well, thats kinda stereotypical cuz most americans i know arent that military-oriented

canadians view the world differently eh?

That poster was putting much faith in the North Korean government to feed it's people and live properous without any evil intentions. Not to mention war is a inevitable fact of life, to deny it is to live in ignorance. Big_Z wasn't being "warlike"

North Koreas only legacy is the korean war, a brutally oppressive government, and one of the largest militaries in the world. Why should we trust them? They've done nothing but cheat on our deals.

If logical pessimism makes me "warlike" then i'll gladly embrace the title.

Regisvo said:
Mr. gingerbeard said:
i think europe nowadays would want better relationship with china because they see china is a great opputunity for business.

Not merely business. The Europe has great philosopher, especially in France and Germany, such as Jurgen Habermas, Jacques Derrida. EU and China have deep relationship of mind also. If people knew what Habermas and Derrida were arguing on, people may understand the relationship from another side.

i dont know much about this, but ive heard people talking about the EU going to sell weapons to china for money but also so that china will confront america insteasd of europe?

china has most of weapon tech but not the equipments to make them...

it takes years to have a great overall industrial infracture to make good engines, high-quality steel and other modern equipments...even if u know how to make them does not mean u can make them..

that is the problem of chinese military, that is why China is consuming weapons from EU, which has a comprehensive and mature weapon industry, china's military industry is behind EU (although i believe on missile tech china is at state-of-art)...

lifting EU arm-embargo and selling weapons to China may actually cause U.S more troubles if there is really a war between U.S and China in Korea again....but that is highly unlikely right/?

why we want eu weapons

so we can use it and study from it and copy its tech and equipp army wit it

a simple logical explanation, yet i hope the europeans dont feel cheated by this

AA said:
why we want eu weapons

so we can use it and study from it and copy its tech and equipp army wit it

a simple logical explanation, yet i hope the europeans dont feel cheated by this

they probably dun mind. because they are making money at the same time. also EU would want someone to balance the power of the US. so the EU doesnt have to take "orders" from US because of the sole supremacy.

at the moment, i dun think anything is going to happen with NK. i think US is going to help but rather on the 2nd line unless they are really threaten. since i dun think us would liek to send their men to die. US put a base there so they can have excuse to help SK, to say their soldiers are being threatened.

nothin to worry about, as long as there are people like me, celebrties, city people, businese men, minorties of unitedstates and important people, bush wont try too much with is power...yet

Back