U.S. under scrutiny for Paris rally

--
Boots

January 16th, 2015  
JRotc_cadet

Topic: U.S. under scrutiny for Paris rally

Should the U.S. government sent someone to the Paris rally instead of have them sitting in the coffee shop across the street.
January 16th, 2015  
dadsgirl

We sent our Ambassador to France.
January 16th, 2015  
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsgirl
We sent our Ambassador to France.
Witch compares quite nicely to the Heads of State sent by other countries. But...no problem, they have now sent John Kerry who took with him James Taylor who sang "You've got a friend"! No word if "Imagine" or "Kumbaya" were sung!
--
Boots
January 16th, 2015  
JRotc_cadet

The ambassador didn't go to the rally though
January 16th, 2015  
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRotc_cadet
The ambassador didn't go to the rally though
Heard he went, but Holder was in Paris & didn't go.
January 17th, 2015  
dadsgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by George
Heard he went, but Holder was in Paris & didn't go.
Who cares? I mean really?
Certain heads of state that were there have their own problems..... Like "caning" bloggers or holding anti-Muslim rallies or need I really say throwing their own damn journalists into jail????!!!!!

Smile! Look pretty for the cameras! The whole World is watching now!
January 17th, 2015  
MikeP

Boy is that a semi conscious assessment of world affairs and the now pretty much open terrorist insurgency.

People are forgetting who is currently running our country.
Bowing to and appeasing those of certain middle eastern persuasions are their priorities.
January 17th, 2015  
namvet

what a joke

should have sent al sharpton
January 17th, 2015  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsgirl
Who cares? I mean really?
Certain heads of state that were there have their own problems..... Like "caning" bloggers or holding anti-Muslim rallies or need I really say throwing their own damn journalists into jail????!!!!!

Smile! Look pretty for the cameras! The whole World is watching now!
I agree I don't think it really matters who showed up after all the ambassador is supposed to be the countries representative so why shouldn't they be the ones to show up.

As I have said before this was little more than a political photo-op.
March 16th, 2015  
mmarsh

I'd point out that the day after 9-11 (September 12, 2011) the very first head of state to visit ground zero was JACQUES CHIRAC, then President of France. Chirac visited Ground zero when Bush and Cheney were still hiding in their undisclosed rabbit holes, that was their commitment to us.

Meanwhile, Paris gets hit and all we can come with is our bench warming team. I don't think anyone in France minded too much that Obama didn't come but as a New Yorker who knew people lost on 9-11 this was embarrassing, and the White House should have known better. Its precisely the type of nasty snub I would expected from the neocon cabal, not the Democrats, although I think the reason was incompetence not nastiness in this particular instance.

Obama was more criticized for this in the US Press than the French Press.