U.S + U.S.S.R Allies

I'm not sure, I just can't see it working. The USSR was evil, kind of hard to change the world together when your both totally different. lol

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
I'm not sure, I just can't see it working. The USSR was evil, kind of hard to change the world together when your both totally different. lol

Well I was thinking about how it could work, maybe the U.S. could've influenced the U.S.S.R into democracy and been good allies, just a thought. China definately wouldn't be the leading voice in Asia that's for sure...

it's a yin and yang thing. sure the world could be a lot safer place if after ww2 the soviets and the americans had excellent relations. we wouldn't have half the crap that's going on now. but it's simply that we were too different and would never get along. our views were way too different about everything. we'd never solve world wide problems in the same manner.

which brings us to today. the soviets were never trust, and can't be trusted to this day. even if putin puts on his thousand dollar custom suits and speaks of peace and all of that other crap, don't forget he's the former head of the KGB. they're just as untrustworthy as the day the cold war began.

then we would not be at the technological level we are at right now. it was because of the cold war that there was a push to be the best of the best

drilldownmaster2004 said:
then we would not be at the technological level we are at right now. it was because of the cold war that there was a push to be the best of the best
Yup, many advancements have come from war.

Also, the space race is because of the cold war. The first satelite in space (launched by the russians) pretty much was them saying "we can nuke you"

Back