U.S. soldier to be tried in Italy (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - A judge Wednesday ordered a U.S. soldier to stand trial in absentia for the fatal shooting of an Italian intelligence agent at a checkpoint in Baghdad, the prosecutor said.

More...

The case has strained U.S.-Italian relations. The United States and Italy drew different conclusions in reports on the incident. U.S. authorities have said the vehicle was traveling fast, alarming soldiers, who feared an insurgent attack. Italian officials claimed the car was traveling at normal speed and accused the U.S. military of failing to signal there was a checkpoint.

I guess those big signs that said "CHECKPOINT AHEAD, REDUCE SPEED" and "STOP, CHECKPOINT" etc weren't good enough. :bang:

I guess those big signs that said "CHECKPOINT AHEAD, REDUCE SPEED" and "STOP, CHECKPOINT" etc weren't good enough. :bang:

Yeah I've always thought signs like that should be bigger. You know like around the size of say....The Great Wall of China. :roll:

I really hope this gets thrown out. Its ridiculous.

Would of been in arabic as well, can't have all the languages of the world on one sign. Being the top agent he was he would of had atleast a working knowledge of arabic and know what checkpoint signs look like.

Back