U.S. soldier dies in tank accident south of Baghdad

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
BAGHDAD, Iraq - (AP) An American soldier died in a tank accident
south of Baghdad, the U.S. command announced.
The U.S. statement said the soldier from Task Force Baghdad was
killed Thursday in a single-vehicle accident involving his M-1 Abrams tank.
No other details were released.
The name of the victim was withheld pending notification of kin.

I assume it must have been something to the effect of the tank going over a cliff and the person bouncing around, breaking his neck or something like that. Never heard of this before. Need more details if they exist.

Tank roll over (it does happen) perhaps. Exposed crew commander or driver in some sort of accident perhaps. Damn shame.

happens all the time. there are dozens, litteraly dozens of ways to die in a tank with out ever facing an enemy.

and i f i told you he was killed by power treverse when operatng a jam in the coaxial machine gun, woul you have any idea what it means?

most people wont so there is no point in saying that to the public. and like i said , tanks are dangerous things and **** happens.

and i f i told you he was killed by power treverse when operatng a jam in the coaxial machine gun, woul you have any idea what it means?

LOL. Good point. Yeah, a lot of people probably will have no clue, but still, a lot of us would appreciate the information and the effort. So that at least we'll know it's not because he was sleeping under the tank's shade, the driver didn't notice him and simply drove on him.

Well, whatever the exact cause of death is, may he rest in peace.:salute:

Back