U.S. says bin Laden unarmed when killed (Reuters)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
Reuters - Osama bin Laden was unarmed when he was shot dead by U.S. special forces, the White House said, as Pakistan faced further pressure on Wednesday to explain how the world's most-wanted man was able to shelter so long in a town near its capital.

More...

Everyone everywhere can put a period to 9/11 ...

As an American who watched television on September 11th, as airplanes were flown into the twin towers and then watched in horror as people jumped to try and escape a burning inforno, and then watched as the towers fell .. trapping so many emergency people who's ONLY concern was trying to rescue people, will ever be seered into my conciousness.

I had a personal reason for being angry over the attack. I participated in a "Threat Analysis" symposium, where the possibility of highjacked airplanes being used as flying bombs against targets inside the United States was brought up. What brought this to the fore, were the stories of airliners being highjacked and being forced to fly to various destinations. It was thought that sooner or later, some "nut" would be angry enough to highjack a plane and then fly it into a business in one of our major cities.

On 9/11, when I soon realised what was going on, I remembered what our recommendations were. A US Marshal on EVERY flight OR a loaded weapon that is kept in the cockpit .. and a door leading to the cockpit that is kept locked during the entire flight (except during emergencies). Geewhiz-golly ... guess what they came up when they finally got around to addressing this problem (when it was too late to keep 9/11 from happening).

As far as shooting Osama Bin Laden (even if he was unarmed), is a no-starter where I am concerned. He is dead .. he is buried at sea .. justice was served .. the hunt is finished ... and everyone everywhere can put a period to 9/11.

THAT IS ALL I CARE ABOUT .. PERIOD.

Back