U.s. Plans To Renew Ties With Iran

--

March 22nd, 2006  
phoenix80

Topic: U.s. Plans To Renew Ties With Iran

03/09/2006

The United States plans to renew diplomatic relations with Iran.

Officials said the administration has sought to establish low-level diplomatic ties with the regime in Teheran. They said the State Department would seek to open an office in Iran.

U.S. ambassador to Turkey, Ross Wilson, said the administration intends to open a representative office in Iran. Wilson, in a visit to the U.S.
consulate in Adana on March 7, said the office in Iran could be established in the near future.
Wilson did not say whether Iran has approved the U.S. request. The United States has not stationed an official representative in Iran since 1979.

http://www.menewsline.com/stories/2006/march/03_10_1.html
March 22nd, 2006  
5.56X45mm

Boooo!!!!!!!

That freaking sucks arse! The United States should not have any relations with terrorist nations.
March 22nd, 2006  
warhappy100

Bush Admn. is wrong to open up ties to a nation it call terriost state unless there nut job of president and ruling clerics are out of the picture forever and are behind bars in the Huage and on trila for crimes against humanity

[quote=warhappy100]Bush Admn. is wrong to open up ties to a nation it call terriost state unless there nut job of president and ruling clerics are out of the picture forever and are behind bars in the Huage and on trial for crimes against humanity normal Iranian citzens suffering need to end now
this a bad move.
--
March 22nd, 2006  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
Boooo!!!!!!!

That freaking sucks arse! The United States should not have any relations with terrorist nations.
my sentiments as well!
March 22nd, 2006  
Marinerhodes

Mine too. The war on terrorism should not make exceptions for any reason in my opinion.
March 23rd, 2006  
bulldogg

Grab your ankles boys the politicians are doing what they do best.
March 23rd, 2006  
Marinerhodes

There is a saying in the military (para)"Grab your ankles, they are gonna give us the " Wonder what saying it should be for congress?

Edit: Sorry DTop, I guess that was a bit over the top.
March 23rd, 2006  
bulldogg

Congress... hmmm... old white guys mostly...

March 23rd, 2006  
Rabs

Mod edit: No sense in repeating it is there?

That is just a bit vivid.
March 23rd, 2006  
phoenix80

I believe that there shouldn't be any negotiations between the US and a known enemy of the civilized world like the Islamic regime of Iran because they are not reasonable people and the only language they understand is the language of force, sanction and pressure.

And I doubt the Mullahs have any chance to gain any thing from these talks at all. Their days are numbered if they keep on doing what they are doing right now.