U.S. Navy Uses Twin Tower Steel

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
Found this news article in the Navy News magazine All Hands. Steel that was used in the construction of the World Trade Center in New York, was used in the bow section of the U.S.S. New York I believe. It must be something for the Sailors and I believe a few Marines as well serving aboard this newly completed ship.

http://www.navy.mil/media/allhands/flash/ah200911/

Last edited:
And is going to be stationed in Norfolk, about 10 miles away from where I live. I feel so much Honor and Pride to see part of the WTC built into a United States Navy ship, it brings tears to my eyes when I see the USS New York

No kidding, it must be quite an honor to be onboard such a vessel, I am glad to see that the bitter memory and loss of 911 is not, and forever shall not be forgotton.

There was a doccumentay made for TV abouut it.

It was built in MS. And the guys all felt honored to be assigned that job rather than another.
One guy was going to retire, but once he heard the NY. was going to be built there he refused to retire until the ship was finished.

It was built in MS. And the guys all felt honored to be assigned that job rather than another.
One guy was going to retire, but once he heard the NY. was going to be built there he refused to retire until the ship was finished.

That is called respect, honor, pride, and love of country.

Things I wish more of the folks here at home had more of, especailly the youth in the country.

Well, that's why when it came time 2 years ago for me to hire a assistant for my job, I did the whole interview process, and passed over three fully qualified welder grads, and three with fence experience and hired a 42 year old volunteer fireman from Hampton. I'd ben through 5 peopel under the age of 25 and the only one I didn't have to surervise constantly was a 95 lb girl 19 years old who was a single mother and know how bad she needed a job, I would have hired her in an instant, but she joined the Navy.
The man I hired as my assistant has teh same moral ethical values I love to see in people, the same work ethic I have to the point that I can stay at the shop and have him do work he isn't trained to do and know that its right the first time.
This country need pride in work to make a comeback for us to EVER get back where we were before this crap all started.

Well, that's why when it came time 2 years ago for me to hire a assistant for my job, I did the whole interview process, and passed over three fully qualified welder grads, and three with fence experience and hired a 42 year old volunteer fireman from Hampton. I'd ben through 5 peopel under the age of 25 and the only one I didn't have to surervise constantly was a 95 lb girl 19 years old who was a single mother and know how bad she needed a job, I would have hired her in an instant, but she joined the Navy.
The man I hired as my assistant has teh same moral ethical values I love to see in people, the same work ethic I have to the point that I can stay at the shop and have him do work he isn't trained to do and know that its right the first time.
This country need pride in work to make a comeback for us to EVER get back where we were before this crap all started.

And it all starts with our youth.

Back