U.S. Missile, al-Qaida Death May Be Linked

Whispering Death

---------------------------->
MIRAN SHAH, Pakistan - Shrapnel that appeared to be from an American-made missile was found Sunday at the house where Pakistan said a top al-Qaida operative was killed in an explosion, although President Bush's national security adviser declined to confirm the death.
U.S. and Pakistani officials declined to confirm an NBC report, citing anonymous officials, that the attack on the house where Hamza Rabia reportedly died was launched by a U.S. drone.
But local residents found at least two pieces of shrapnel at the blast scene inscribed with the designation of the Hellfire missile, which is carried by the U.S. Air Force's unmanned, remote-controlled Predator aircraft.
The metal pieces bore the designator "AGM-114," the words "guided missile" and the initials "US."
John Pike, director of the defense Web site GlobalSecurity.org, said the Hellfire is used almost exclusively by the U.S. military. Al-Qaida operatives would be unlikely to have Hellfire missiles, Pike said, although he said the possibility could not be completely discounted.
---------------------------------------->

Reporter: Did you shoot a missile into Pakistan?
Bush: I shoot a lot of things...

I had heard Rabia blew himself up with one of his own bombs.

Of course, the most important thing is that the SOB is dead. It doesnt matter if the US used a Hellfire, a can of RAID, or a giant fly-swatter.

I think there could be a problem if the news got out that a base was set up in Pakistan. That could be why no one seems to know where the missile came from.

Back