U.S. Military Aircraft Contracts

KnightTemplar

Does anyone know the last U.S. Military aircraft contract that wasn't canceled early? I know they didn't buy as many B-2s as they originally said and the F-22 was canceled early as well.

Not sure, but I think both the F-15 and F-16 programs were seen through.
As well as the block 60 upgrades.

//KJ.

F/A-18E & F for the USN. C-130J-30 for the USMC, USCG and USAF.

The F-22A & C-17 have been capped with production still underway - long lead time items have completed. Programs curtailed prematurely.

The EF-18G "Growler" has not been fully defined for full production and is proceeding low-rate.

The F-35 looks to be in jeopardy with cost over-runs x2 of original price.

F-15 production went full term and the line is still active with overseas orders (currently Singapore and Sth Korea). F-16 line is closed.

Clockwinder, You listed the F-22 and the C-17 both in there and stated that they have been capped with production still underway. I consider saying that you are going to order 1000 of something, and then later, after the contract is awarded, saying you will only order 500 (even if only 100 have been delivered) canceled early. I also consider if the US says they will order 1000, and then later, after the contract is awarded, saying you will only order 500, even if 600 orders have been placed from other countries, canceled early because the US didn't pay for the 1000 they said they would in the first place. My main problem is that, before the 90s I am having a hard time finding original contract numbers. I can find the number produced just fine but just not how many were originally ordered. Even finding something saying "the contract was fulfilled at 7923 aircraft in 1988" doesn't tell me if that is the original order or a modified order (like the C-17, F-22 or B2).

Back