U.S losing focus on terriosm by going into Iraq? - Page 6

--
Boots

February 18th, 2005  
Peter Pan

I am replying since the posts are personallly oriented to me.

Please read the DPG and NEP.

Geoplitics is a part of geostrategy.

I am not critical of the US. I have pointed out issues that apparently were missed out. These are also available in US Foreign Policy and Military journals. US went to Iraq for her national interest and that is about all. It is quite fair for her to pursue her national interest (and I repeated the same ad infinitum).

What is rather rankling is this ingenuous 'Sir Galahad' and the 'Good Samaritan' facade.
February 18th, 2005  
lemontree

Quote:
Since everything you have written about America has been negative,
Peter Pan has never said anything negative about the US, it is a figment of your imagination.
Quote:
I don't believe you care what the US mindset is on Iraq.
The US mind set on Iraq is OIL. Period.
February 18th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontree
Quote:
Since everything you have written about America has been negative,
Peter Pan has never said anything negative about the US, it is a figment of your imagination.
Quote:
I don't believe you care what the US mindset is on Iraq.
The US mind set on Iraq is OIL. Period.
dude, i'm as anti the US occupation as it comes and even i think the oil reason is bollox....just doesn't ad up
--
Boots
February 18th, 2005  
lemontree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
Don't forget that in Bush's speech he said that not only the terrorists who were directly involved in the attack on America but the ones who harbor and give aid to them are targeted. I'd put Iraq squarely in the middle of that description. Iraq is only the starting blocks for this run my friends.
This statement is quite contradictory w.r.t Pakistan, who...
- Harboured and trained Taliban and Al Qaida.
- Financed and trained the 9/11 hijackers.
- Keep playing a double game with the US w.r.t AQ, and make the US forces hop blindly.

The Pakistan's US ambassador designate is Gen. Jahangir Karamat (retd), who is involved in the black market sale of nuke technology to Iran, Lybia and N. Korea (all so called rogue states). This has put the world and the US and its allies more at risk of nuclear weapons.
http://www.pakistan-facts.com/articl...41120212329525
Quote:
dude, i'm as anti the US occupation as it comes and even i think the oil reason is bollox....just doesn't ad up.
I am not anti US occupation, but they have screwed up very badly, because they did not plan the post-war troops requirements in Iraq.
The US monopoly over Saudi oil assets expires in 2005-6. The US gets its oil at much lesser rates than the rest of the world. Oil is the resource that drives world industry. Any one who controls oil, has the money.
With the dependence on Saudi oil, the US in unable to take on the Wahabis of Saudi Arabia. But with the monopoly secured over Iraqi oil (which was Saudi oil industry's major competitor), the US will be free to put the Saudi monarchy in its place.
It is quite simple.

Mod Edit: Do NOT post back to back.
February 19th, 2005  
Sexybeast

en....i think occupying Iraq is just another move of clearing up the russian and chinese influence in middle-east, and getting more oil reserve....

and fortunately, U.S finds a good excuse to go into there, first WMD, now liberating iraqis.....
February 19th, 2005  
Redleg

Locked for now, may be opened again later....
February 25th, 2005  
Sexybeast

thanks mod, it opens again..