U.S. debates joining S. Korean military exercises - Page 2

--

June 23rd, 2010  
AZ_Infantry

I was thinking more along the lines of HIM seeing US as the punks with all attitude, all mouth, and no nothing to back it up. How many times have we threatened him with this, that or the other thing, only to never follow through or, just as bad, to follow through with only a little bit?

KJI is like a terrorist: he holds his people in front of him as a shield. In world relations, he does so politically; the agenda that never ends. To truly cut NK off from all outside aid is to murder the innocent NK peasants and middle class, as they cannot and will not survive on their pathetic government resources. Il knows this, and he strums the heart strings of the free world like a bass fiddle.

And I, like you, realize that the lack of information coupled with the outright false information keeps these people both under his heel and in front of him like a shield.

So we agree that the issue with NK is not their ballistic nuclear capability. That's the problem, but it isn't the issue. The issue is turning around a dictatorship, just like ol' Caesar finally faced when the Senate had had enough of his crap. Get it? "Faced..." "Turned around..."

Hahaha, sorry, but I had to laugh at that.

Yes, at the moment the ability of the United States to gather support from her NATO counterparts is containing North Korea. But once NK ups the ante with nuclear arms aimed at SK? Will our advantage still be there? Will any NATO outrage and screaming and tariffs change the fact that once he has nukes, he will ALWAYS have nukes?

I don't see this as a game of containment. I see it as one of prevention.

Which is a huge slippery slope for a nation steeped in pride for its rending of innocence until proven guilty, where possibility and intent are not grounds for legal interference. But that's another thread for another time, eh?

BTW, I was in Germany when The Wall came down. Talk about your celebration... whoo. I swear to you that none of us were allowed to buy drinks for a freaking MONTH - you walked off post, and there was a line of German nationals standing there, fighting for their chance to shove a beer in your hand and hug you and pat you on the back.

I was a typical 19-year old kid, no clue as to the truth of any political reality, just a finger behind a trigger waiting for leave to return CONUS to marry my (now ex) wife.

The experience of the power of the relative end of the Cold War changed us all, I think. To see those Germans, already free, celebrating for their Communist-led brothers and sisters' turn to Democracy was something to behold, almost indescribable.

It sickens me that, today, so many people cannot CHOOSE how they wish to live, under what auspice their leadership touts as the voice of its nation.

I am afraid for South Korea, not for America.
June 25th, 2010  
Shmack

Yes, i got it about punks, but Kim IS anyway afraid of the US intervention. He may act defiantly but i doubt he doesn't care at all. I'm sure there's some red line in his mind he understands he can't cross. Kim knows that you won't cut off Korea from foreign aid, but also he knows, that whether you cut it off or not, the Koreans will think you're The Grand Evil.

I'll tell you quite honestly: i've seen how people live in dictatorship and i'm still pretty far from being extremely worried about South Korea's security and North Koreans' distress. Believe me, you are worried about them 10 times more than the Koreans themselves. Of course, I would be happy to see Korea re-uniting and the Koreans living in democratic and nonstarving society, but the only thing i'm truly worried about are the Korean nukes near Russia. I (personally) don't like nukes on the peninsula, whether they are 'democratic' or 'stalinist'. There are many dictatorships on Earth who are far from being agressive fanatics you can't talk with, like Turkmenistan or Lybia. But when you mix security issues with human rights issues they start being nerveous and acting unpredictably. It's not like the Koreans want to choose how to live but can't. They are sure they've already chosen their way, but they don't know that their alternative was very poor.

Returining to our early discussion, i'd say the United States should not be worried about what the rest of the world shall say in case if they act/inact in this or that way. The US is such type of country which will be hated by some people in any case, whether you do smth or don't. I remember soon after Georgian campaign one of my collegues told me smth like 'I don't understand why they haven't occupied entire Georgia and haven't overthrown their president!. Why care if the world anyway thinks it was Russia who started the war?' If you are the only one who is working on the issue, it's up to you to decide what's right and what's wrong. I'm sure if it becomes real hot, the majority shall stand behind you rather than behind Kim, even if you use non-surgical nuclear strikes. I shall.
June 25th, 2010  
AZ_Infantry

In the years that I have been surfing the Internet, predominately to discuss issues on military-orientated boards, yours is the most sound, logical, unbiased Russian-affiliated opinion I've yet to come across.

I do not say that because you support the United States in this NK thing; it's great to know you do, though!

I offer you the credit I did because, quite frankly, my experience with Russian-affiliated peoples has been frustrating - what is levied at us is usually nothing more or less than parroting of a biased media. You don't seem to share that limitation and can clearly think for yourself.

I appreciate the conversation very much, and I hope you won't take offense to my candid, albeit honest, appraisal of my previous experiences.
--
June 25th, 2010  
Shmack

Well, many a good cow has a bad calf. You don't have to take that serious because parrots don't have nationality. And i take no offence since i work with parrots every day lol.
June 26th, 2010  
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Infantry
We should just send them yet another nasty UN letter threatening them (thank you for proving you're a lying *****, Hillary). Because, after all, the first 12 have done oh, so much to change their intended course of action...

We wouldn't want to pee off China, would we? Because, you know, they might get mad at us and try fighting a war with a 45% shortage of oil supplies when we seal NK off.

Well, that and how upset the Europeans with man purses will be. The only time they need our help is after they're already beaten by a force 1/10th their size.

It's time for the world to wake up. These are Hitler days relived, and there wasn't anything nice about the trench warfare we conducted to win then, either.

Put our BCG out there and get those 18's in the air with surgical nuclear arms for every freaking nuclear anything NK has. We only need one carrier. Aside from the threat of nuclear retaliation (and the idiot world opinion of those who take freedom as a nice, bloodless gift), NK isn't a drop of the dime for the US to handle. IF we do it sensibly, and NOT politically.

Games are done. Or they should be. Pounce very, very hard. Every single military airfield and suspected ( :/ ) nuclear site should be made inaccessible to humans for the next 250-plus years due to the radiation.
AZ I agree with some of your points but I'm sorry yo hear you talk about Europeans in such derogative terms - after all we have fought, sacrificed and bled alongside American soldiers over the last century.

Don't forget that 11 Sept marked a landmark day for the US - it woke up to the reality that everyone else had been dealing with for quite a while. Tragic though the loss of the twin towers was, it has never been just Americans that have suffered.

I had just had to add this as I feel agrieved that you think that only the US fought in Korea, it does disservice to all the other nations that stood fast for democracy.

Please feel free to express your opinions, but please do not ever denigrate the sacrifice of others in a common cause.
June 26th, 2010  
AZ_Infantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan
AZ I agree with some of your points but I'm sorry yo hear you talk about Europeans in such derogative terms - after all we have fought, sacrificed and bled alongside American soldiers over the last century.

Don't forget that 11 Sept marked a landmark day for the US - it woke up to the reality that everyone else had been dealing with for quite a while. Tragic though the loss of the twin towers was, it has never been just Americans that have suffered.

I had just had to add this as I feel agrieved that you think that only the US fought in Korea, it does disservice to all the other nations that stood fast for democracy.

Please feel free to express your opinions, but please do not ever denigrate the sacrifice of others in a common cause.
I no more lump the majority of Europeans in with the man-purse so called "men" than I do all Americans with the extreme liberal left-wing sissies we have here.

Unfortunately, both America and Europe have a disease wherein those diametrically opposed to anything resembling good sense speak the loudest and tend to influence the most.

For all the good you all and we all have done in the last century in the current theaters, the tea tolling liberals have had the media's ears, undermining everything positive in an attempt to make us both sound like a bunch of barbaric butchers intent on killing billions of innocent civilians to snipe off a few *******s in horrid revenge.

The unmitigated gall of those lacking the courage and fortitude to wear the uniform is unprecedented - they judge the military as a whole, the operations without tactical knowledge, and the men and women serving without having ever had boots on beside them. They are a disease let loose like plagues upon the earth, powered by self-righteous mouthpieces supported by liberal media who sniff out every dime's worth of bad news publicity like a hobo to a hot dog.

You've seen these abominations in Europe: they carry man purses, talk in hushed lisps, walk poodles decorated in ribbons, and never have a good thing to say about anyone or anything that refuses their train of thought as their own. The moment the discussion of war comes up, their special interest lobbyist groups toke up on a few bowls washed down with a nice, light Chardonnay and immediately run to the media in "outrage" at the very idea of "wanton destruction" and "complete lack of concern for innocent children everywhere."

Not all of Europe is like that, and I am proud to have trained next to some squared away, high speed European troops that I would trust not only with my back, but with the safety of my nation - and ergo, the safety of my family.

I do not judge a nation by its mouthpieces, sir, anymore than liberals are a true telling of any tale of honest and true American values.

Unfortunately, the fact is that as long as they have the overwhelming power of lip service as they currently do, the unpopularity they swing against others because of the apathy and ignorance of average citizens will continue to force our military into restrictions that tie our hands to get the real job done that needs to be done. They speak of peace to those who are fanatics and laugh at them and just how stupid our people are for even listening to them. They are the 20th century darlings of the media, self-righteous and self-named Mother Theresas who cling to no god but their own sense of holier-than-everything.

I'm sorry if you feel I was disparaging Europe. I was not. I was directing my ire at those in both your country and mine who scoff at the idea of violence as a problem solving tool. Il is a problem. He cannot be reasoned with. He needs to be assassinated and his country brought under control, with every possibility of nuclear arms wiped from their memories in clouds of radioactive vapor.

That will not happen. Rough men stand ready to do violence on behalf of those who sleep peacefully, but those with man purses and left-wing agendas take for granted what we provide for them.

Our nations are on the same team, as most likely you and I are.

I sincerely apologize if you felt that I held that contempt for ALL Europe. I do not!